Arrival in Neuenburg
Neuenburg – Murten
The Lac de Neuchâtel is crossed by boat. Imposing Mont Vully is visible from afar. Short but steep climb. Wonderful panorama. Through the fertile shoreline forest of Le Chablais to the medieval town of Murten.
Murten – Laupen
Leisurely over the rolling hills of the Fribourg Mittelland. Shady forest sections interchange with open asphalted village sections. The confluence of the Saane and Sense rivers is a near-to-nature experience.
Laupen – Bern
The route follows the River Sense, then winds up to the heights with views of the Alpine peaks. Proud farmsteads in Mengestorf stand in contrast to the residential outskirts of Bern, where the old town is a UNESCO World Heritage.
Bern – Worb
Delightful hike along the River Aare, first through urban areas, then through one of Switzerland’s loveliest river landscapes. The renaturation of the river banks has brought great benefit. Worb Castle is seen from afar but is not open to the public.
Worb – Ranflüh
Above Worb, the typical Emmental terrain begins with the long "Eggen" (hills) and the steep "Chrächen" (ditches). Fantastic views of the Alps and Jura. In the older part of the village of Lützelflüh you will find the Gotthelf Stube.
A varied hike along the river Emme, past shale banks and small falls, over old wooden bridges and through riverside woodland. The Heimatmuseum (folk museum) in the «Chüechlihus» (16th-century timber building) in Langnau, Emmental’s main town, is worth a visit.
Simple, not excessively strenuous stages. Some steep ascents and descents are the only challenges on this hike.
Category: Middle class hotels & inns
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- Public transport (boat trip Neuchâtel - Cudrefin, public bus Fischermätteli - Bern)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at Neuchâtel train station, CHF 14.- per day.
- Return journey by train via Bern to Neuchâtel. Duration: 1.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.