Arrival in Rorschach
Rorschach - Herisau
Rorschach, medieval traffic hub and lake port of St. Gallen, is mentioned as a pilgrimage station around the year 1300. Highlights of the hike to Herisau: visit to the Stift Library in St. Gallen and the bridge landscape in Bruggen.
Herisau, oldest Appenzell parish seat has been known since 907. The path leads past the former hostel, zum Goldenen Sternen, then on through the varied hilly landscape of Appenzell and Toggenburg to Wattwil. Overnight stay in the adjacent village Lichtensteig.
Between Wattwil and Rapperswil, the landscape is dotted with individual farms and marked by gently rolling hills and various-sized woodland areas. Some beautiful sunken paths turn the hike into a special experience.
Rapperswil - Einsiedeln
The hike leads over the wooden footbridge from Rapperswil to Hurden built in 2001 and then over the Etzelpass to Einsiedeln. Particularly impressive views of the Zürichsee on this trail to Switzerland’s most important place of pilgrimage.
Departure or extra nights
There are only few ascents, but a good physical condition and stamina is needed for the long legs. The trails are well maintained and easy to walk
Catégorie : hôtels de classe moyenne et auberges
- 5 nights incl. breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfer
- Thorough route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room)
- GPS data available
- Bus to / from Liechtensteig, approx. CHF 5.- per person and ride.
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Parking at the railway station of Rorschach. CHF 5.- per day.
- Return travel by train via Biberbrugg and St. Gallen to Rorschach, duration approx. 2 hours.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.