Arrival in Interlaken and luggage drop-off. The section leads alongside the River Aare to the Weissenau nature reserve on the Thunersee lake. From Neuhaus it continues through woodland, often with clear views of the lake and the Bernese Alps. The Beatushöhlen (caves), former place of pilgrimage of St. Beatus are particularly impressive. In Merlingen you take the boat to Spiez.
Spiez – Wattenwil
In peaceful countryside, with the Stockhorn mountain chain in the background, past several lakes and 2 of the «1'000-year-old churches on Lake Thun»: The oldest, built by King Rudolf II of Burgundy, is in Einigen. Romanesque church in Amsoldingen with an impressive crypt by the same builder.
The Rüeggisberg Monastery ruins and Wahlern Church, seen from afar enthroned on a sandstone ridge, are cultural highlights on the route to Schwarzenburg. The hike is also enhanced by the unspoiled pre-Alpine landscape.
Schwarzenburg – Fribourg
The trail leads along the Sensegraben, popular recreational area and nature reserve. After the Sodbachbrücke bridge, numerous religious symbols along the wayside are a clear indication that you’ve crossed the border into the Catholic canton of Fribourg.
The city of Fribourg with its numerous historic references to St James and the St James pilgrims would be worth the journey on its own. The pilgrims’ path leads over the St Apolline bridge and through the varied landscape of the Glâne to Romont.
Leisurely hiking trails take you through the Fribourg region. There are only a few climbs. For the long stages you should bring along a good basic fitness..
The Via Jacobi at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Via Jacobi Interlaken - Romont 5 days, CH-BDWIR-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||159.-||159.-|
Category: 3*–hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||144.-||144.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||120.-||120.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. Breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Boat ride Merligen – Spiez
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Interlaken. For direct arrival: drop off your luggage at the luggage counter by 10 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Romont. For direct departure: Luggage will be delivered to the luggage counter by 5 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.