Arrival in Interlaken
Interlaken – Spiez
Arrival in Interlaken and luggage drop-off. The section leads alongside the River Aare to the Weissenau nature reserve on the Thunersee lake. From Neuhaus it continues through woodland, often with clear views of the lake and the Bernese Alps. The Beatushöhlen (caves), former place of pilgrimage of St. Beatus are particularly impressive. In Merlingen you take the boat to Spiez.
Spiez – Wattenwil
In peaceful countryside, with the Stockhorn mountain chain in the background, past several lakes and 2 of the «1000 –year-old churches on Lake Thun»: The oldest, built by King Rudolf II of Burgundy, is in Einigen. Romanesque church in Amsoldingen with an impressive crypt by the same builder.
The Rüeggisberg Monastery ruins and Wahlern Church, seen from afar enthroned on a sandstone ridge, are cultural highlights on the route to Schwarzenburg. The hike is also enhanced by the unspoiled pre-Alpine landscape.
Schwarzenburg – Freiburg
The trail leads along the Sensegraben, popular recreational area and nature reserve. After the Sodbachbrücke bridge, numerous religious symbols along the wayside are a clear indication that you’ve crossed the border into the Catholic canton of Fribourg.
Freiburg – Romont
The city of Fribourg with its numerous historic references to St James and the St James pilgrims would be worth the journey on its own. The pilgrims’ path leads over the St Apolline bridge and through the varied landscape of the Glâne to Romont.
Departure or extension
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Via Jacobi Interlaken - Romont 7 days, CH-BDWIR-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||239.-||239.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||144.-||144.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||120.-||120.-|
- Overnight stays according to the itinerary incl. breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfers
- Boat ride Merligen– Spiez
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Interlaken. For direct arrival: drop off your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Romont. For direct departure: Luggage will be delivered to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.