Hiking holidays Via Jacobi Romont - Geneva
Hiking: Via Jacobi
Luggage drop-off in Romont. The stage of the ViaJacobi, which connects Romont with Moudon, is dotted with beautiful viewpoints. It does not present any particular difficulties. The peculiarity of these two small towns: once they both belonged to the Duke of Savoy.
Moudon – Lausanne
Along the Broye river, you reach a bridge area in Bressonnaz, where both the Broye and the Carrouge river are crossed. The crete path to Vucherens gives a view of the Fribourg Alps and the forest area of the Jorat.
Lausanne – Rolle
In Lausanne, the ViaJacobi leads from Notre Dame Cathedral down the Escaliers du Marché. In Vidy, it crosses an idyllic park with Roman ruins and then follows the shore of Lake Geneva as a popular promenade all the way to Morges.
Rolle – Coppet/Commugny
Caesar founded Nyon, Madame de Staël's salon in Coppet was a meeting place for intellectuals, and to this day the rich and famous love Lac Léman. As a pilgrim, you can reflect on this or simply enjoy the charming landscape.
This hike leads through villages with a French atmosphere to the cosmopolitan city of Geneva. The highlight and conclusion is the impressive St. Pierre Cathedral. St. James in the magnificent stained glass window wears a purple cloak with ermine trim. After arrival in Geneva individual departure.
Topographically and from the trail conditions very easy. What makes the tour difficult are the long stages. However, since the tour passes through the small villages and towns on the shores of Lake Geneva, the hikes can be shortened relatively easily by public transport.
The Via Alpina on SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
18.03.2023 - 31.03.2023
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
01.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Via Jacobi Romont - Geneva 5 days, CH-FRWRG-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||259.-||259.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Mar 18, 2023 - Mar 31, 2023
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||120.-||120.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||150.-||150.-|
- Overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Romont. For direct arrival: drop off your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Geneva. For direct departure: Luggage will be delivered to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.