Hiking holidays hut trekking Arolla - Verbier
Eurotrek Alpine: hut trekking Arolla - Verbier
Arrival in Sion, baggage drop-off followed by a bus ride to Arolla. The first pass of your tour is called Col de Riedmatten, a well-known point of the "Patrouille des Glaciers". Surefootedness and a head for heights are required.
Tricky passages are secured with either wire rope bridges or ladders. On the ascent to the top of the pass, views of the glacier Tsijiore Nouve can be expected. On the way down, don't be distracted too much by the view of the Cheilon glacier - the path leads over loose scree and is demanding.
Further ahead you can already see the water basin of Lac des Dix and the dam "Grande Dixence", which at 285 m is the highest gravity dam in the world. One last climb and you will reach the Cabane des Dix.
Down to the Lac de Dix reservoir, where you hike flat along the lake. The following high-altitude trail is dedicated to ibexes and provides information at various points about the history of the fauna and flora of the Val des Dix.
The trail continues up to the Col des Roux, which is located between the rock chain of Les Roux and Mont Blava. From the Col it is less than a kilometre to the stage destination, the Cabane de Prafleuri.
Today's stage leads over several passes and through wild, alpine landscapes. Past glacier tongues to the idyllic Lac de Louvie with a wonderful view of the Combin massif.
On this route it is quite possible to come across the typical inhabitants of the mountain region such as marmots, chamois and ibexes. The charming cottage is located at over 2'200 meters and offers you a magnificent view of the heights of Lourtier.
A steep climb leads up to the "Têtes de Louvie". There a narrow path leads through a jagged rocky landscape. The view on the following high trail is unique. Snow-covered peaks pile up on the horizon and emerald green lakes sparkle below you.
However, the path is narrow and requires concentration and good orientation skills in bad weather. On the last meters you follow the Bisse de Levron before you float down to Verbier with the cable car from Les Ruinettes.
Departure or extension
Demanding mountain hikes (T3 on the SAC scale). Some places are secured with ropes, bridges and ladders. Good physical condition, surefootedness, no fear of heights and experience in mountain tours are required. You will be on stages of up to 3000m. Attention: On high sections snow fields are possible until the summer months. Good orientation skills required in bad weather.
| Season 1 |
15.07.2023 - 30.09.2023
|Eurotrek Alpin: hut trekking Arolla-Verbier, 5 days, CH-WSAAV-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||55.-|
Category: dormitory in the SAC cottages, 4* hotel in Verbier
| Season 1 |
Jul 15, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||144.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-|
- 4 nights incl. breakfast
- Half board in the mountain cottages (3x)
- Luggage transfer Sion – Verbier
- Costs of luggage pickup at the station
- Subsidy for travel by train
- Worked out route guidance
- Travel documents with matching Swisstopo maps (1x per room)
- Cable car ride Les Ruinettes – Verbier approx. CHF 15.- per person
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Sion, luggage drop-off at the luggage counter until 10:00 a.m.
- A cottage sleeping bag is required for overnight stays in the mountain cottages.
- For a better assessment of the level of difficulty we recommend having a look at the SAC hiking scale.
- Please note that no luggage transport can be organized to the mountain cottages. Your suitcase will be transported directly from the starting point to the final destination.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.