Individual journey to Linthal and overnight
Linthal - Urnerboden
From Linthal along a steep forest path up to the sunny Braunwald area and further over wooded rocky ridges to the largest Swiss alp with 1200 cows. Open, flat and wild terrain along the Fätschbach stream to the Urnerboden.
Simple alps and mobile bee boxes on the Klausen pass, fascinating high trail with mountain panorama above the Schächen valley, then steeply down to the valley floor below.
Bus ride to Altdorf. Short hike to Attinghausen and by cable car up to the Brüsti. Continue over the panoramic Alp Grat to the historic Surenenpass. The rock bastions on the Brunnistock and the basin of the Blackenalp are impressive. A varied valley path leads to the monastery village of Engelberg.
Engelberg - Engstlenalp
The trail leads over two altitude steps up to the spectacularly situated Trübsee lake at the foot of the Titlis, and further over the Jochpass into the Bernese Oberland. The destination is Engstlenalp, an idyllic place of power with a lake, nostalgic hotel and thousands of alpine roses.
Engstlenalp – Meiringen
Through alpine flora to Tannalp with a cheese dairy, inn and lake. The ridge hike over the Balmeregghorn impresses with magnificent views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Dwarf Muggenstutz and a sculpture garden provide variety on the way to Meiringen. Individual departure after arrival in Meiringen.
Especially the long last stage can be shortened by cable cars. The tour leads partly through very remote areas. Good basic condition, sure-footedness and experience in alpine hiking is required.
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Cable car Attinghausen - Brüsti
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Hotline
- Bus transfer to Altdorf
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 12.- per person.
Arrival / parking / departure
- Parking in Linthal. CHF 3.- per day.
- Return journey by train via Interlaken, Berne and Zurich to Linthal, duration approx: 4.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.