Luggage drop-off in Linthal. From Linthal via a steep forest path up to the sunny terrain hollow of Braunwald and further over wooded rocky bands to the largest Swiss alp with 1'200 cows. Open, flat and wild terrain along the Fätschbach stream to the Urnerboden.
Simple alps and mobile bee boxes on the Klausen pass, fascinating high trail with mountain panorama above the Schächen valley, then steeply down to the valley floor below.
Bus ride to Attinghausen and by cable car up to the Brüsti. Continue over the panoramic Alp Grat to the historic Surenenpass. The rock bastions on the Brunnistock and the basin of the Blackenalp are impressive. A varied valley path leads to the monastery village of Engelberg.
Engelberg – Engstlenalp
The trail leads over two altitude steps up to the spectacularly situated Trübsee lake at the foot of the Titlis, and further over the Jochpass into the Bernese Oberland. The destination is Engstlenalp, an idyllic place of power with a lake, nostalgic hotel and thousands of alpine roses.
Through alpine flora to Tannalp with a cheese dairy, inn and lake. The ridge hike over the Balmeregghorn impresses with magnificent views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Dwarf Muggenstutz and a sculpture garden provide variety on the way to Meiringen. Individual departure after arrival in Meiringen.
The tour leads partly through very remote areas. Good basic condition, sure-footedness and experience in alpine hiking is required. Especially the long last stage can be shortened by cable cars.
The Via Alpina at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Via Alpina Zentralschweiz, 5 days, CH-ZSWLM-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||249.-||249.-|
Category: 3*–hotels, mountain inn on the Engstlenalp
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||65.-||65.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||135.-||135.-|
- Accommodation in your selected category incl. Breakfast
- Halfboard on Engstlenalp
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Cable car Attinghausen - Brüsti
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Bus transfer to Attinghausen not included (approx. CHF 5.-)
- Arrival by public transport to Linthal. Drop off your luggage at the Braunwald funicular station by 10 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Meiringen. Suitcases must be returned to the luggage counter by 5 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.