Individual arrival in Buchs and overnight
Vaduz - Sargans
Start in Vaduz, capital of Liechtenstein. The River Rhine and the border to Switzerland is crossed at Sevelen. The trail then leads along the foot of the mountain Gonzen through woodlands and meadows, with views over the Rhine Valley.
Sargans - Weisstannen
The wide, steep and remote Weisstannental valley awaits with lovely hamlets such as Vermol and the wonderful Champersee lake. You climb high-level trails on the west flank of the valley towards the stage destination Weisstannen.
Weisstannen - Elm
Milk from neighbouring alps is piped to Alp Siez. On Alpine pastures are followed by a narrow ridge of black slate. The terraced alp huts on the other side of the Foopass are an architectural rarity.
Elm - Linthal
Elm lies in the GeoPark Sardona (UNESCO World-Heritage) where the Glarner main thrust fault clearly reveals the creation of the Alps. Surrounded by rock bastions, the silted-up Wichlensee lake, resembles an amphitheatre. After the steep Richetlipass, the lonely Durnachtal awaits.
Cozy start, demanding finish. The Via Alpina slowly picks up speed. While at the beginning you are still travelling on easy forest paths, you hike in the Glarnerland on alpine paths. The stages between Weisstannen and Linthal in particular require good basic physical condition and sure-footedness.
Category: simple middle class hotels & mountain guesthouses
- 5 Overnight stays with breakfast
- Dayly lugagge transport
- Ropeway Elm - Aempächli
- Optimally worked out route guidance
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-Data available
- Bus ride to Vaduz
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 12.- per person.
- Parking slots in Buchs SG. CHF 4.- per day. No reservation possible. Payable at destination.
- Return Journey by train via Ziegelbrücke to Buchs. Duration: 2 - 2.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.