Individual arrival in Lenk
Luggage drop-off in Lenk. From Lenk over gentle alpine meadows, up into the lynx territory, through a damp limestone area with a wide horizon. Over the Trüttlisberg Pass and through the long Turbach Valley with its varied history down to sophisticated Gstaad.
A panoramic high-altitude trail, past the Berghaus Eggli and the lime-cart area of Wilde Bode to the language border at Col de Jable. Many traditional Alpine huts with large shingle roofs and Chupferchessi (Copper pot) cheese production high above L'Etivaz.
L'Etivaz – Rossinière
The gently sloping route follows the torrent "La Torneresse" for several kilometres until it reaches the valley of the Gorges du Pissot. Then the landscape offers a view of the large valley of the Pays-d'Enhaut. After Châteaux-d'Oex the descent leads to Rossinière.
From Rossinière over a bridge from 1650 to the Col de Solomon. After the descent into the Hongrin Valley, climb to the Col de Chaude with its fantastic view of Lake Geneva. Continue uphill to the stop of the Rochers de Naye rack railway.
The last section of the Via Alpina is also demanding. You should not underestimate the first and last stages in particular. Good basic fitness is required. But you are hiking on an altitude which is less as on the section in the Bernese Oberland. Sure-footedness is still necessary.
Category: Middle class hotels
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Rack railway Rochers de Naye – Montreux
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 12.- per person.
Arrival / parking / departure
- Parking free of charge in Lenk
- Return travel by train via Zweisimmen to Lenk. Duration: 3 Hours.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.