Arrival to Meiringen
Meiringen – Grindelwald
By bus you travel up to Rosenlaui where the first hike starts. You walk up the Grosse Scheidegg from where you have a magnificent view of the mountains Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. From here you continue to Grindelwald.
Grindelwald – Wengen
The trail leads up the Kleine Scheidegg and continues over a sunny high trail to the car-free holiday resort Wengen. A small path leads past the spectacular Trümmelbach Falls down to Lauterbrunnen.
Early in the morning the cable car brings you up to Mürren. In the early months of the summer there often still lays snow on the alpine pass Sefinenfurgge. You walk past a breathtaking Alpine scenery.
The ascent up the Blüemlisalp is the most spectacular stage on your hiking tour. After a long and steep walk up to 2’843 meters feel free to enjoy an excellent meal at the Swiss mountain cabin "Blüemlisalphütte".
From there the trail leads over the Hohtürli and glacier moraines down to Lake Öschinen. Now Kandersteg is only a short walk away (Easy option: Ride with the cable car down into the valley).
Kandersteg – Adelboden
By cable car you travel up to Allmenalp, from where you'll hike to Bonderchrinde. The view of the surrounding peaks is breathtaking. Afterwards you hike down into the valley to Adelboden.
Adelboden – Lenk
From the widely-known village of Adelboden you walk towards the Hahnenmoospass. Wonderful views and the peak of mount Wildstrubel guide you down to the valley Simmental. You will spend one last night in the Bernese Oberland.
Departure or extension
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Via Alpina "Bear trek", 8 days, cat. Charme, CH-BDWML-08D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||410.-||410.-|
Category Charme: see "your hotels"
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Meiringen D Deluxe|
|Extra night double room (BB)||139.-||139.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||194.-||194.-|
|Lenk D Deluxe|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-||180.-|
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast in the booked category
- Daily luggage transfers (max. 1 piece of luggage, 20 kg)
- Cost for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service Hotline
- Journeys by post bus, mountain railways and cable cars approx. CHF 45.- with Half-Fare Card (depending on the journeys used)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
Arrival | Departure:
- Arrival by public transport in Meiringen. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Lenk. For direct departure: Suitcases must be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Description of how to use the necessary apps
Detailed programme for the individual stages
Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.