Arrival to Meiringen and luggage drop-off. By bus you get up to Rosenlaui where the first hike starts. You walk up to the “Grosse Scheidegg” from where you have a magnificent view to the mountains “Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau”. From here you continue to Grindelwald.
Grindelwald – Wengen
The trail leads up to the „Kleine Scheidegg“ and continues over a sunny high trail to the car-free holiday resort Wengen. A small path goes past the spectacular Trümmelbach waterfall down to Lauterbrunnen.
Early in the morning the cable car brings you up to Mürren. In the early months of the summer there is often still snow on the alpine pass “Sefinenfurgge”. You walk past a breathtaking Alpine scenery.
The ascent to the Blüemlisalp is the most spectacular stage on your hiking tour. After a long and steep walk up to 2’843 meters you may enjoy an excellent meal at the Swiss mountain pasture “Blüemlisalphütte”.
From there the trail leads over the “Hohtürli” and glacier moraines down to Lake Öschinen. Now, Kandersteg is only a short walk away. (easy option: ride with the cable car down into the valley).
Kandersteg – Adelboden
By cable car up to “Allmenalp” from where you hike to “Bonderchrinde”. The view on the surrounding peaks is breathtaking. Afterwards, you hike down into the valley to Adelboden.
From the widely known village of Adelboden you walk towards the Hahnenmoospass. Wonderful views and the peak of mount Wildstrubel guide you down to the valley Simmental. You will spend one last night in the Bernese Oberland. After arriving in Lenk, luggage retrieval and departure.
Surefootedness and good condition are mandatory. You must not be afraid of heights to go on this alpine tour. Parts of the tour can be cut short in the case of bad weather.
The Via Alpina on SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Via Alpina "Bear trek", 6 days, cat. Charme, CH-BDWML-06D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||299.-||299.-|
Category Charme: see "your hotels"
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Meiringen D Deluxe|
|Extra night double room (BB)||139.-||139.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||194.-||194.-|
|Lenk D Deluxe|
|Extra night double room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||145.-||145.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. Breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer (max. 1 piece of luggage, 20 kg)
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Journeys by post bus, mountain railways and cable cars approx. CHF 45.- with Half-Fare Card (depending on the journeys used)
- Arrival by public transport to Meiringen. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Lenk. For direct departure: Suitcases must be returned to the luggage counter by 5 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.