Arrival in Einsiedeln
Einsiedeln – Unterägeri
Luggage drop off in Einsiedeln. This varied pre-alpine tour leads from the famous monastery village of Einsiedeln along an old pilgrims' path over the Chatzenstrick to the almost equally famous Rothenthurm high moor and over the Raten (view!) to the lovely Aegeri Lake in Zugerland.
Unterägeri – Zug
Very scenic stage in the heart of the Zugerland. Over high moorland, past countless cherry trees (Zuger Kirschtorte!), the vantage point at Alprestaurant Brunegg and the pretty St. Verena Chapel, you reach Zug.
Zug – Luzern
The first highlight after a leisurely walk along Lake Zug is the scenic Michael's Cross with its Inn and marriage chapel. After an up and down, the Dietschiberg follows, where you can experience golf at close quarters.
Luzern – Wolhusen
Lucerne and its surrounding communities can be admirably overlooked from the Sonnenberg. The Ränggschlucht (gorge) then offers an insight into the geology of the region. The highlight is the Werthenstein pilgrimage site with a famous Bernese miraculous image and the "Gnadenbrünneli", a fountain of grace, which is said to help with eye complaints in particular. After arrival in Wolhusen individual departure.
Easy hiking trails that are easy to follow. Partly a little steeper ascent and longer stages, but can be mastered with some basic fitness. On the way you can shorten the walk by bus or train.
Category: Middle class hotels
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
Arrival / parking / departure
- Parking garage in Einsiedeln. CHF 40.- per day.
- Return journey by train via Lucerne and Biberbrugg to Einsiedeln. Duration approx. 2 hours.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.