Stroll along the promenade and enjoy breathtaking views over Lake Geneva and the snow white glaciers of the nearby Mont Blanc Massif.
From Vevey, take the rack railway up to the Mont-Pèlerin. Quiet roads lead you to the source of the most popular cheese of Switzerland: the Gruyère, which shares its name with the region. A recent symphony of green melancholy, cowbells and customs.
Postcard country Switzerland: cheeseries, chalets, snowy mountains, cable cars, hotel scent and papercutting. Away from the idyll, the Pays d’Enhaut and the Saaneneland are a magnificent landscape, animated by the haze of celebrity and happy mountain goers.
The artfully decorated wooden houses of the Simmental are among the most beautiful in Europe. The Simme remains a wild river that demands a lot from dinghy riders. On to Spiez, a water sports paradies on the cheerful lake Thun.
Spiez – Lake Sarnen
A boat ride from Spiez to Interlaken in the morning. On the shore of Lake Brienz there is a steep ascent to Meiringen to be completed where you can take the train across the Brünigpass. You reach Obwalden: a small Canton, a big Valley, a pre-alpine landscape with scattered villages, flat lakes and long traditions.
Lake Sarnen – Zug
As soon as you get a glimpse of the Lake of Lucerne, the Pilatus is in your path. Bay after bay right to Lucerne, a fixed point for every tourist. The Zugersee, today's stage destination, is even lovelier.
Zug – Einsiedeln
A cool underwater world in cave grottos, a grim battle world at crystal-clear Ägerisee, an orchid, peat and insect world on the Rothenthurm high moor and a busy world of pilgrims in Einsiedeln, place of pilgrimage.
Einsiedeln – Walensee
Two lakes separated by a bridge: Lake Sihl, the lovely and important power supplier, and Lake Zurich fringed by villas and mansions. The Escher Channel in the Linth Plain with fields and meadows come to life again.
Walensee - Buchs
On Lake Walen, where enormous cliffs of the Churfirsten mountain range threaten to plunge into the water, exotic fruit, such as kiwis and figs are growing. Past the iron mine of Gonzen and Sargans Castle it is an easy ride to the Rhine and up to the dam to take a look at the river and at neighbouring Liechtenstein.
Buchs – Rorschach
St. Galler Rheintal, a countryside often cosseted by the warm wind. Much land has been won by the correction of the Alpenrhein im Rheintal. The shallow delta and silver expanse of the Bodensee beckon in the distance.
Departure or extension
Along the totally 16 lakes between Montreux and Horn, the route is of course smooth and flat – but between the lakes there are some minor passes to cross: Less athletic cyclists are recommended to use an electric bike which is well suited for this route.Athletic cyclists use the touring bikes.
The Lakes Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Lakes Route Montreux - Rorschach, 11 days, CH-WDRMR-11X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||589.-||589.-|
Catergory A: selected 4* hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||130.-||130.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||175.-||175.-|
- overnight stays according to the program incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Boat ride Spiez - Interlaken
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Optional funicular ride Vevey - Le Mont Pèlerin not included (approx. CHF 6.- with half-fare card and bike).
- Optional train ride Meiringen - Brünigpass not included, (approx. CHF 5.- with half-fare card and bike)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Arrival by public transport to Montreux. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Lucerne. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 17:00 at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Rorschach. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.