Arrival in Montreux
Stroll along the promenade and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Lake Genevaand the snow white glaciers of the nearby Mont-Blanc massif.
From Vevey, take the rack railway up to the Mont-Pèlerin. Tranquil roads lead you to the source of the most popular cheese of Switzerland: the Gruyère, which shares its name with the landscape. A recent symphony of green melancholy, cowbells and customs.
Postcard country Switzerland: cheeseries, chalets, snowy mountains, cable cars, hotel scent and papercutting. Away from the idyll, the Pays d’Enhaut and the Saaneneland are a magnificent landscape, animated by the haze of celebrity and happy mountain goers.
The artfully decorated wooden houses of the Simmental belong to the most beautiful of Europe. The Simme remains a wild river that demands a lot from dinghy riders. And Spiez, a water sports paradies on the cheerful lake Thun.
Lake Thun – Lake Sarnen
A boat ride from Spiez to Interlaken in the morning. On the shore of Lake Brienz there is a steep rise to get to Meiringen where you take the train across the Brünigpass. You reach Obwalden: a small Canton, a big Valley, a pre-alpine landscape with scattered villages, flat lakes and long traditions.
Lake Sarnen – Lucerne
As soon as you get a glimpse of the Lake of Lucerne, the Pilatus is in your path. Bay after bay right to Lucerne, a fixed point for every tourist.
Departure or extension
Along the totally 16 lakes between Montreux and Horn the route is of course smooth and flat – but between the lakes there are some minor passes to cross: Less athletic cyclists are recommended to use an electric bike which is well suited for this route. Athletic cyclists use the touring bikes.
Catergory A: selected 4*-Hotels
Category B: 3*-Hotels
- 6 overnight stays in the desired accommodation category
- Breakfast buffet
- Daily luggage transport
- Boat ride Spiez - Interlaken
- Guide book
- Detailed tour documentation (1x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Furniculaire Vevey – Le Mont Pèlerin
- Train ride Meiringen – Brunig pass
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Parking at the train station in Montreux CHF 35 .- per day, (cheaper car parks nearby), mo reservation possible
- Journey back by train via Lausanne to Montreux, duration approx. 3 hours
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.