Luggage drop-off in Montreux and onward journey to Vevey. From Vevey, take the rack railway up to the Mont-Pèlerin. Quiet roads lead you to the source of the most popular cheese of Switzerland: the Gruyère, which shares its name with the region. A recent symphony of green melancholy, cowbells and customs.
Postcard country Switzerland: cheeseries, chalets, snowy mountains, cable cars, hotel scent and papercutting. Away from the idyll, the Pays d’Enhaut and the Saaneneland are a magnificent landscape, animated by the haze of celebrity and happy mountain goers.
The artfully decorated wooden houses of the Simmental are among the most beautiful in Europe. The Simme remains a wild river that demands a lot from dinghy riders. On to Spiez, a water sports paradies on the cheerful lake Thun.
Spiez – Lake Sarnen
A boat ride from Spiez to Interlaken in the morning. On the shore of Lake Brienz there is a steep ascent to Meiringen to be completed where you can take the train across the Brünigpass. You reach Obwalden: a small Canton, a big Valley, a pre-alpine landscape with scattered villages, flat lakes and long traditions.
As soon as you get a glimpse of the Lake of Lucerne, the Pilatus is in your path. Bay after bay right to Lucerne, a fixed point for every tourist. After arriving in Lucerne, luggage pick-up and individual departure.
Along the totally 16 lakes between Montreux and Horn, the route is of course smooth and flat – but between the lakes there are some minor passes to cross: Less athletic cyclists are recommended to use an electric bike which is well suited for this route. Athletic cyclists use the touring bikes.
The Lakes Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Lakes Route Lake Montreux - Luzern, 5 days, CH-WDRML-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||265.-||265.-|
Category: middle class hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||130.-||130.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||140.-||140.-|
- 4 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Boat ride Spiez – Interlaken
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Optional funicular ride Vevey – Le Mont Pèlerin not included (approx. CHF 6.- with half-fare card and bike).
- Optional train ride Meiringen – Brünigpass not included, (approx. CHF 5.- with half-fare card and bike)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Montreux. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Lucerne. For direct departure: Suitcases willmust be returned to the luggage counter by 17:00 at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.