Individual arrival in Brig
Luggage drop-off in Brig, followed by a visit to the World Nature Forum, the visitor centre for the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Naters. Afterwards hike to Blatten and by cable car up to the Belalp.
Belalp – Riederalp
From the Aletschbord best view to the glacier gate and the lower part of the Aletsch Glacier. Over a suspension bridge to the Aletsch forest with hundred-year-old Swiss stone pines. Like an eagle's nest, the Riederfurka with Villa Cassel is enthroned on a ridge of this magnificent Valais mountain world.
Like fireworks, unique viewpoints follow each other: In the north, a magnificent view of the Aletsch Glacier, the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, and in the south, the Valaisan four-thousand-metre peaks. Gentle descent to Märjelensee. Woolly grasses and small lakes form contrasts to rock and ice. At the end of the tour through the Tälligrat Tunnel to Fiescheralp.
Back to Märjelensee and on old alpine paths we descend to the castle, a glacier-cut gneiss rock massif with the Goms mountains in the background. The Fiescher Glacier is visibly revealed. The 160-metre-long suspension bridge Aspi-Titter points the way to the idyllic Goms mountain village of Bellwald. Luggage claim in Brig and individual departure.
A hike in the alpine region. You should be sure-footed and in good physical condition. For the suspension bridge over the Massa gorge you should be free from giddiness.
Category: Middle class hotels
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Entry into the World Nature Forum in Naters
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Cable car rides
- Train journey to Brig
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking in Brig. CHF 14.- per day.
- Return Journey to Brig, Duration: approx. 45 minutes.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form.
You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.