Luggage drop-off in Brig, followed by a visit to the World Nature Forum, the visitor centre for the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Naters. Afterwards hike to Blatten and by cable car up to the Belalp.
Belalp – Riederalp
From the Aletschbord best view to the glacier gate and the lower part of the Aletsch Glacier. Over a suspension bridge to the Aletsch forest with hundred-year-old Swiss stone pines. Like an eagle's nest, the Riederfurka with Villa Cassel is enthroned on a ridge of this magnificent Valais mountain world.
Like fireworks, unique viewpoints follow each other: In the north, a magnificent view of the Aletsch Glacier, the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, and in the south, the Valaisan four-thousand-metre peaks. Gentle descent to Märjelensee. Woolly grasses and small lakes form contrasts to rock and ice.
Pick up in the morning by a local mountain guide. Secured with crampons and a rope, you will hike across the largest glacier in the Alps. You will experience the effects of climate change at first hand. At the end of the tour, you hike through the Tälligrat tunnel to the Fiescheralp.
Back to Märjelensee and on old alpine paths we descend to the castle, a glacier-cut gneiss rock massif with the Goms mountains in the background. The Fiescher Glacier is visibly revealed. The 160-metre-long suspension bridge Aspi-Titter points the way to the idyllic Goms mountain village of Bellwald. Luggage retrieval in Brig and departure.
A hike in the alpine region. You should be sure-footed and in good physical condition. For the suspension bridge over the Massa gorge you should be free from giddiness. Surefootedness is essential for the glacier tour.
The Aletsch Panorama Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Aletsch panorama trail, 6 days, CH-WSWBB-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||225.-||225.-|
Category: middle class hotels & mountain hotels, mountain hut Gletscherstube with dormitory
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||135.-||135.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||145.-||145.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. breakfast
- Half-board at Gletscherstube
- Daily luggage transfer (except to Gletscherstube)
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (in case of direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Climbing harness and crampons for the glacier tour
- Entrance into the World Nature Forum in Naters (closed on Mondays)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Attention: The glacier tour needs a minimum number of 6 participants. You will be informed up to 4 days before arrival if the tour cannot take place. If it cannot take place, we will inform you in good time about an alternative programme on day 4
- For the glacier hike you need picknick lunch, a hat and gloves
- Cable car ride (Blatten – Belalp and Bellwald – Fürgangen, eventually Eggishorn - Fiescheralp) not included in the tour price (approx. CHF 18.- (plus eventually Eggishorn – Fiescheralp) with half-fare card)
- Train journey Fürgangen - Brig not included in the tour price (approx. CHF 6.- with half fare card)
- There are no shower possilities in the Gletscherstube
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Brig. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Brig. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 05:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.