Arrival to Gampel Steg
Gampel-Steg – Ausserberg
With the bus to Gampel-Steg. Panoramic hike on high-level BLS railway Südrampe (south ramp). Popular classic hike beside the Lötschberg Railway tracks to imposing Bietschtal bridge. Lovely path beside historic water channels (suonen) to hanging bridge; superb views at Brägji and Riedgarten.
Ausserberg – Belalp
Suonen (irrigation channels) and the BLS railway line accompany this stage. Impressive view of the Baltschieder viaduct. Pipes for irrigating the dry south-facing slopes line the route. Information columns on the BLS Südrampe section and Swiss Guards Museum provide fascinating information. From Naters either by foot or with the public bus to Blatten and with the cable car up to Belalp.
Belalp – Riederalp
Best views of glacier snout and lower part of Aletsch Glacier from Aletschbor. Over a hanging bridge to Aletschwald (forest) with 100-year-old Swiss stone pines. Villa Cassel looms like an eagle's nest on the Riederfurka ridge, surrounded by the magnificent Valais mountains.
Riederalp – Fiescheralp
Like fireworks, unique viewpoints follow each other: In the north, a magnificent view of the Aletsch Glacier, the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, and in the south, the Valaisan four-thousand-metre peaks. Gentle descent to Märjelensee. Woolly grasses and small lakes form contrasts to rock and ice. At the end of the tour through the Tälligrat Tunnel to Fiescheralp.
Fiescheralp – Bellwald
The trail follows old Alpine paths down to the Burg, a rock massif of gneiss smoothed by glaciers. Against the backdrop of the Goms mountains, the Fiescher Glacier becomes clearly visible. The 160-metre-long Aspi-Titter suspension bridge points the way to the idyllic Goms mountain village of Bellwald. Luggage retrieval in Brig and departure.
Departure or extension
This hike leads through alpine territory. You need a good physical condition and surefootedness. You must not suffer from Vertigo to be able to walk over the suspension bridge in the Massa valley.
The Aletsch Panorama Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Aletsch panorama trail, Gampel/Steg - Bellwald, 7 days, CH-WSWGB-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||239.-||239.-|
Category: mid-range hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||135.-||135.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||145.-||145.-|
- Overnight stays according to the program incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Entrance into the World Nature Forum in Naters
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Cable car ride not included in the tour price (Blatten – Belalp and Bellwald - Fürgangen). Approx. CHF 18.- with half-fare card.
- Train journey Fürgangen - Brig not included in the tour price. Approx. CHF 6.- with Half-Fare Card
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Gampel-Steg. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter in Visp by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Brig. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 17:00 at the latest.
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.