Arrival in Zurich
Zurich – Rapperswil
You will leave the town and ride through the suburbs of Zurich to Kilchberg which is the hometown of the world-famous Swiss Chocolate brand Lindt & Sprüngli. After guided tour through the Chocolateria you will decorate your very own chocolate bar. With this souvenir in your lunch bag you will continue through the rolling hills of the so called “Hirzel” from where you will descend back to the shores of Lake Zurich.
By train up to Einsiedeln. If you are in the mood for some history, you can visit the famous monastery before starting your cycle tour through the swampy shores of Lake Sihlsee.
Todays’ challenge is the ride up to the pass Iberegg from where you will have a fantastic view on the close alpine peaks and Lake Lucerne. Your ride takes you through the small village of Schwyz and ends on the shores of the lake in Brunnen.
You will take the boat to reach the other side of the lake and start your trip in Beckenried. This part is easy and flat, you will ride past a small airfield and through the village of Stansstad. Now you are back at the lake and a peaceful ride on the shores of the peninsula Kastanienbaum takes you to the city centre of Lucerne.
Lucerne – Root – Zug
The mostly flat stage connects the cities of Lucerne and Zug. An attractive bike trail leads you along the Reuss towards the Zugerland. On your way you make a stop in Root to visit the exciting world of Chocolatier Aeschbach. To finish, you visit the beautiful old town of Zug with its neat lake side promenade.
Zug – Zurich Umgebung
Todays tour leads through the natural park Sihlwald. A little paradise right at Zurichs doorstep. Stroll along the world famous Bahnhofstrasse before getting on your bike one last time.
Departure or extension
A route for people who know how to enjoy themselves. Perfectly marked and signed bike trails lead you through the most beautiful sceneries of central Switzerland. The route is almost continuously paved and often leads on tranquil side roads or designated bike paths. For the ride through the hills of Hirzel and going up the Ibereggpass stamina and a good physical condition are required. In cities like Zurich or Lucerne one has to be mindful of traffic.
The North-South Route at SwitzerlandMobility
The Mittelland Route at SwitzerlandMobility
The Lakes Route at SwitzerlandMobility
The Rhein-Hirzel-Linth at SwitzerlandMobility
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Visit at chocolate world Aeschbacher Chocolatier
- Guided tour with the creation of your own chocolate bar at Lindt & Sprüngli
- Boat trip Brunnen – Beckenried
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room)
- GPS data available
- Train ride Rapperswil – Einsiedeln (approx CHF 37.-)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Flight to Zurich airport and by train in 10 minutes to the city centre
- Parking in Zurich is expensive. We recommend arriving by public transport.
- Train ride to Zurich and with the S-train 15 minutes to the Hotel.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.