Luggage drop-off in Kreuzlingen. You follow the railway line past the lively lakeside town of Romanshorn to Arbon. A charming old town and a large castle are among the landmarks of this small town on Lake Constance. Continue along the lakeshore to today's accommodation in the Rorschach area.
St. Galler Rheintal is an area often cosseted by the warm wind called “Föhn”. Much land has been won by the correction of the Alpenrhein waters in the Rhine-Valley. You spend the night in Buchs – an important border station and the gate to the principality of Liechtenstein.
Buchs SG – Chur
The „Bündner Herrschaft“, Grisons fertile garden and winery lies on a mound of slate detritus. This is also the home of Heidi, Peter and Alpöhi from the world famous childrens tale. Chur, is the oldest town north of the alp and entices with numerous restaurants.
Chur – Disentis
The Rhine Gorge – Switzerlands Grand Canyon is an impressive first part of this tour. Afterwards you reach “Surselva”, Grisons largest Romansch-speaking region. Today’s tour leads you to the monastery of Disentis.
Disentis – Biasca
Through the gorge „Höllenschlucht“ and Val Medel up to t he rugged pass head of Lukmanier, boundary between the cantons Ticino and Grisons. In the sunny Valle di Blenio the route descends through centuries-old cultivated landscape, scented flower-filled meadows and terraced walls towards Biasca.
The castles and the city wall of Bellinzona lure from afar while you head towards the plain of Magadino with its small villages. You pass the Delta of Ticino and roll on a nice promenade towards Lago Maggiore. After arrival in Locarno individual departure.
Flat and easy going on Lake Constance and in the Rhine valley. From Chur a steady ascend starts. Rough roads in the Rhine Gorge. The most challenging part is the leg over Lukmanierpass – you can shorten this by public transport. Some traffic around Bellinzona, apart from this calm side roads in Ticino.
The Rhine Route at SwitzerlandMobility
The North-South Route at SwitzerlandMobility
The Percorso Blenio – Lucomagno at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Lake Constance - Lago Maggiore 6 days, CH-OSRKL-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||255.-||255.-|
Category: 3* hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||139.-||139.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||185.-||185.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. Breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Ticino Ticket with numerous inclusive services and discounts (from day 5, on request at the hotel)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Public bus Disentis – Lukmanier Pass incl. bicycle, per person approx. CHF 25.-
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Kreuzlingen. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Locarno. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.