Arrival to Saignelégier
The route leads over the lush green pastures of the Franches Montagnes to Mont Soleil with its numerous impressive wind-power plants and internationally-famous solar energy plant. Your destination is the watch city of La Chaux-de-Fonds..
After a steep ascent, the route runs down to Saut du Doubs, where the river plunges spectacularly into the depths. From the lonely Lac des Brenets the stretch leads to Le Locle and ends in the Val de Travers of absinth fame.
After a long ascent to Le Soliat, it’s worth making a detour to Creux du Van, a unique, imposing cliff arena. The route continues over the «Balcon Vaudois» (Vaud terrace) with stunning views of Lac de Neuchâtel and the Vaud Alps.
Les Rasses – Lac de Joux
Below the rocky Auguilles de Baumles, the route crosses a lonely region with many bunkers from World War II. The last ascent leads into the Vallée de Joux, a true gem with a wealth of flora and two lakes!
Lac de Joux – Nyon
The stage runs through pine woods to Col de Marchairuz, the views over Lac Léman will reward you for your uphill effort. A final descent leads along the Jura ridge to the vineyards of the Lac Léman region.
Departure or extra nights
A good stamina and technical skills are necessary. The Jura Bike is a good bike tour for beginners.
Category: 3*-Hotels, charming hostel in Nyon
- 6 overnights stays with breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Guide book
- Entrance to the watch museum in La Chaux de Fonds
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Saignelégier: free parking
- Return travel by train from Nyon via Morges, Biel and La Chaux de Fonds to Saignelegier. Approx. 2.5 hours.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.