Arrival to Scuol
Scuol – Tschierv
Stunning ascent through the unspoilt Val S-charl on the eastern edge of the National Park, past the quaint hamlet of S-charl and Europe’s highest Swiss stone pine forest. Single trail through mountain pines just before the Pass da Costainas, later through larch woods, over the Lü sun terrace into Münstertal.
Tschierv – Livigno
Ascent through airy larch woods into the mystic Val Mora: a heavenly high valley, one of the most stunning in Switzerland. A Canadian wilderness seems close enough to touch. Stony trail down into Italy, lovely route alongside shimmering lakes.
Livigno – St. Moritz
The route back into Switzerland includes three passes, but only one real climb. From the Bernina pass downwards, the ride is fun and easy, through mountain pastures and larch forests, beneath the magnificent glacier backdrop of Piz Palü and Piz Bernina on to St. Moritz.
St. Moritz – Bivio
Scenic, unsurfaced trail alongside the Upper Engadine lakes, lovely single trail with wide views above Isola. From Val Bregaglia, an old mule trail leads over the Septimerpass, demanding; even the best bikers give their all. Carrying passages unavoidable here.
Bivio – Tiefencastel
Zippy forest trail out of the valley, testing ascent at Sur, quiet section along the Roman Septimer route on a terrace high above the valley floor, excellent single trail with spectacular views.
Departure or extension
One of the best trips for bikers in Switzerland. Continuous signage makes it easy to follow the route. Good stamina and technical abilities are required to go on this tour. Short pushing passages every day.
The Alpine Bike at SwitzerlandMobility
Information about bike trails in the region Engadin St. Moritz
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Alpine Bike Grisons east, 7 days, CH-GRAST-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||240.-||240.-|
Category: 4*- & 3*-hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||79.-||79.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||119.-||119.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||124.-||124.-|
- Overnight stays according to the program incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Scuol-Tarasp. For direct arrival: Luggage drop-off in Scuol by 10:00 at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Tiefencastel. For direct departure: your luggage will be delivered to the luggage counter by 17:00 at the latest.
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.