The three castles of Bellinzona are among the most impressive examples of medieval fortifications in the entire Alpine arc. With their crenellated walls, towers and gates, these magnificent monuments still amaze the viewer today.
Bellinzona – Isone
Steep ascent to Cima di Dentro. From here you have a wonderful view of the Magadino plain and the nearby Lake Lago Maggiore. Look back once more at the castles of Bellinzona before you descend to Isone.
Isone – Tesserete
First through the swamp at Gola di Lago and then further through a sea of ferns in the light birch forest towards Bigorio. The route leads over the Monte Bigorio and then to the Franciscan monastery of Santa Maria: an eagle's nest above Tesserete.
By bus to Corticiasca. Steep ascent to the Monte Bar refuge. This is worth a stop not only because of the views of Lake Lugano. From the summit of Monte Bar further on over the Caval Drossa and descent to Motto della Croce and past Alpe Rompiago back to Corticiasca. By bus back to Tesserete.
In the morning bus ride to Cimadera. From here today's tour leads past the rock formations of the Denti della Vecchia over Monte Boglia through beech forests and plateaus to Monte Brè, the viewing platform high above Lugano. From here, take the rack railway down to the city centre.
By ship to San Rocco and on to Caprino. The tour leads through a nature reserve on the shores of Lago di Lugano. At your destination, Grotto Teresa, one of the most beautiful restaurants in Switzerland, awaits you. By boat back to Lugano and individual departure.
The views from Ticino's ridges are unique, but some of them have to be worked out by demanding climbs. The tours therefore require good basic fitness and in part sure-footedness.
Category: Middle class Hotels and Hostels
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Visit the castles of Bellinzona
- Ticino Ticket (numerous discounts and inclusive services)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Rides with ships & cable cars approx. CHF 16.- per person)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in Bellinzona. CHF 12.- per day.
- Return journey by train to Bellinzona. Duration: approx. 30minutes.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.