Baggage drop-off in Airolo. From Airolo steep uphill to Valle di Büi. The tour to Lake Ritom can be extended over the Föisc. Tired hikers can add a tour around the lake after arrival at the Refugio (approx. 7 km). Overnight stay on the shore of Lake Ritom.
Lago Ritom – Faido
Descent from Lago Ritom to Altanca and now further along the Strada Alta. Deep down in the valley the traffic on the motorway roars, while up on the Strada Alta there is calm. Magnificent views of the Leventina and Val Bedretto mountain ranges. Bright chapels glow in villages and meadows. From the village Osco by bus down to Faido.
Faido – Biasca
Bus ride to Lavorgo. Giornico, the "Gateway to the Leventina" is full of historical monuments. From here you can go uphill on one of the oldest accesses to the Leventina via Faidàl and Personico.
Biasca – Bellinzona
From Biasca, the path runs through the Riviera Valley, once on this side, once on the other side of the Ticino River. A peaceful walk through alluvial forests and on the river dam, ending in the middle of the Bellinzona fortress.
The three castles of Bellinzona are among the most impressive examples of medieval fortifications in the entire Alpine region. Even today, these mighty monuments with their crenellated walls, towers and gates amaze the observer. Individual departure at the end of the hike.
For the last stage, good basic fitness is necessary. In the Leventina you need to be sure-footed.
Category: Middle class Hotels, Mountain inn at the Ritom Lake
- 4 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Visit the castles of Bellinzona
- Ticino Ticket (numerous discounts and inclusive services)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Towels in the Mountain inn at the Ritom Lake
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in Airolo. CHF 5.- per day.
- Return journey by train to Airolo. Duration: approx. 1 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.