Hiking holidays Jura Crest Trail, Solothurn - Couvet
Hiking: Jura Crest Trail
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Luggage drop-off in Solothurn. Short train ride to Oberdorf and by cable car up to Weissenstein, where you reach the Jura Crest Trail. From the roof of Canton Solothurn, with views across the Jura arc to the Mittelland and snow-capped Alps and on through forests and typical Jura meadows. The first third is also a Planetenweg (planet path). Language border at Montagne de Romont.
Biel – Nods
From the low-lying Schüss-Valley to the crest of the Bernese Jura. An almost constant, yet comfortable climb to scale the Chasseral, already seen from afar. Sensational panoramic view with the Mittelland lakes: a feast for the eyes. From Chasseral transfer down to Nods.
Nods – La Chaux-de-Fonds
In the morning transfer up to Chasseral where you continue your walk. A varied hike between the upper St. Imier Valley and the Val de Ruz Valley with the winter-sports resort, Le Pâquier (hometown of ski-ace Didier Cuche). From the top of the pass Vue-des-Alpes by bus or taxi to La Chaux-de-Fonds.
By bus or taxi back to the Vue-des-Alpes pass. Enjoy the fantastic panoramic view from the high mountain chain with the Tête de Ran and Mont Racine peaks. The slabs of the rocky spur provide a breathtaking view down to Lac de Neuchâtel, before making the steep descent to Noiraigue.
The perspiration at the start of this stage is well worth it: the highlight of the tour is the natural rock amphitheatre of Creux du Van, Swiss equivalent of the Grand Canyon. From the heights you can enjoy wonderful views on the sparkling waters of Lake Neuenburg. You continue down to Couvet after your hike.
For the steep ascents a good physical condition is needed. The trails are easy to walk, but they may be slippery on wet days.
The Jura Crest Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Jura Crest Trail, Solothurn - Couvet, 5 days, CH-JUWSC-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||175.-||175.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||79.-||79.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||119.-||119.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||140.-||140.-|
- 4 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Transfers Chasseral – Nods – Chasseral
- Transfer Vue-des-Alpes – La Chaux-de-Fonds – Vue-des-Alpes
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (1 x per room)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Rides with cable cars and public transport (approx. CHF 35.- per person with half fare) not included
- Arrival by public transport to Solothurn. If you arrive directly, hand in your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Couvet. In case of direct departure, luggage can be picked-up at the partner hotel.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.