Plaffeien – Schwarzsee
After the high plateaux, a pleasant pre-Alpine trail leads alongside the River Sense via Zollhaus to the natural spectacle of the Schwarzsee: romantic lake, waterfall and grotto, dominated by the peaks of Kaiseregg, Chällihorn and Schwyberg.
Schwarzsee – Jaun
Easy hike from the peaceful Schwarzsee lake over over the primeval landscape of the Brecca Schlund (gorge) up to the Euschelspass. On the descent to Jaun: ruins of historic Bellegarde Castle with panorama panels and superb views deep into Gruyère country
Entertaining ascent to the Stillwasser forest. The hike around the Gastlosen starts here. This offers variety in terms of geology and flora, which the hiker rarely finds in the foothills of the Alps. The view into the Bernese and Valais Alps with its 4000m peaks in the background is magnificent.
From Canton Fribourg into Canton Vaud, from Châlet du Régiment to Château-d’Oex. In the «balloonists’ Mecca» everything focuses on the hot-air balloon. «Espace Ballon» with activities for all ages as well as permanent and temporary exhibitions.
The first stages are easy. From Jaun it becomes more alpine and also more demanding in terms of physical condition. You must be sure-footed for the Gastlosen Tour and in good shape for the hike to Château-d'Oex
Category: Middle class hotels and guesthouses, 1 x simple mountain hut
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- 1x half board (Soldatenhaus)
- Daily luggage transport (exept Soldatenhaus)
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- Carefully elaborated route
- GPS-data available
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 12.- per person.
- Parking at the Hapferen ski lift in Plaffeien.
- From Château d'Oex by train via Montbovon, Bulle and Freiburg to Plaffeien. Duration approx. 2.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.