Hiking holidays Alpenpanorama Weg Rorschach to Einsiedeln
Hiking: Alpine Panorama Trail
Arrival to Rorschach
Rorschach – Trogen
Luggage drop-off in Rorschach. The ascent to the climatic health resort of Heiden (with Henri Dunant Museum) and to Kaienspitz is rewarded with wide views of Lake Constance and the Alpstein. Via Rehetobel you descend to the Chastenloch and go up to the former village of Trogen.
Trogen – Appenzell
From Trogen (AR) over two gentle hills with magnificent views of the Säntis, the city of St.Gallen, Lake Constance and the rolling Appenzellerland. Then into the wide valley basin of Appenzell with its richly decorated town houses.
Appenzell – Schwägalp
From Appenzell, the region’s capital, the trail climbs up to Alp Wasserschaffen. The path to the peak follows the Kronberg ridge, side by side with the Alpstein and with the same fantastic views. Afterwards, the route continues through typical alpine terrain down to Schwägalp, the base station of the Säntis cable car.
Splendid hike to Lutertannen and over the Risipass vantage point to Stein in Toggenburg. Meadows and Alpine pastures, near-to-nature low-moor marshes and coniferous forests alternate in colourful sequence.
The rather long ascent from Stein to the Vorderen Höhe is finally rewarded with wonderful views of the Glarner mountain peaks. A diverse high-level hike leads around the Gulmen, across to the Mattstock and down to Amden.
Amden – Einsiedeln
By bus down to Ziegelbrücke and with the train to Siebnen. A tough climb to Stöcklichrüz and a superb high-level hike around the northern end of Sihlsee lake to Einsiedeln. The St. Meinrads Chapel on Etzelpass and the house where Paracelsus was born are popular resting places, not just for pilgrims.
Departure or extension
The regions Appenzell and Toggenburg are hilly and you will have to master some steep ascents. Good stamina is needed for the walk, especially for the stage up to Einsiedeln. The trails are in a very good condition and easy to walk on. A good tour for beginners that are in a good shape.
The Alpine Panorama Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Lake Constance, Appenzell & Toggenburg, 8 days, CH-OSWRE-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||259.-||259.-|
Category: 1 x 4*-hotel (Schwägalp), 3 x 3*-hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-||180.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||115.-||115.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||155.-||155.-|
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- GPS tracks available
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Rides with public transport on day 6 not included (approx. CHF 10.- per person).
- Arrival by public transport to Rorschach. If you arrive directly, hand in your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Einsiedeln. In case of direct departure, luggage will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.