Hiking holidays Via Albula & Bernina South Morterasch - Tirano
Hiking: Via Albula & Bernina
Through moorland and Alpine pastures to the Berninapass. One highlight follows another. The Stazerwald forest, Pontresina, the Morteratsch glacier world, Lago Bianco-Lej Nair watershed and Grisons highest mountain, Piz Bernina.
After the white glacier waters of Lago Bianco, the route leads up to the fantastic vantage point of Sassal Mason with views of Piz Palü, its glacier seeming almost close enough to touch, the heart-shaped Lagh da Palü, Alp Grüm and Val Poschiavo.
Alp Grüm – Poschiavo
Worthwhile detour to the glacial mills of Cavaglia, made accessible with great effort. Just like the Rhaetian Railway, the hiking trail winds down the slope to the Poschiavo valley floor.
Poschiavo – Tirano
Along the way, the massive curved Brusio viaduct will amaze you. The varied route leads through orchards, chestnut groves and vineyards to Italy. S. Perpetua in Tirano gives an excellent overview of the Mediterranean landscape and the town with its venerable palazzi.
Departure or extension
It is easy to shorten the long legs in the beginning of the trip. If you want to walk everything good stamina is needed. Some of the trails lead over narrow and rocky paths. Surefootedness is needed.
The Via Albula/Bernina at SwitzerlandMobility
The Via Albula in Engadin St. Moritz
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Via Albula & Bernina South, 4 days, CH-GRWMT-04X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||119.-||119.-|
Category: 3* hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||89.-||89.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||139.-||139.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||65.-||65.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Railway pass Thusis – Tirano 2. class (valid for all regular train connections along the way)
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaboated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Pontresina. For direct arrival: Luggage must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Tirano.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.