Hiking holidays from Meran to Lake Garda
South Tyrol, Brenta-Dolomites & Trentino.
Arrival in Meran
Enjoy the Mediterranean flair in this wonderful and cultural town in the heart of South Tyrol. Wander around the charming arcades or follow in the footsteps of Emperess Sissi along the 'Passer' esplanade.
Meran – Nals
Along the Waal paths you venture through apple plantations before arriving at an impressive waterfall. Soon your trail leads you through the hills of the chestnut place Tisens and up to the historic little church of St. Christoph. After hiking through a beautiful woodland with fantastic views deep into the Etsch valley you reach Nals, an idyllic little village in the middle of apple orchards and vineyards.
Today you can look forward to a fascinating hike on the trail of castles. On interesting and steep roads you walk from fortress to fortress where you can admire diverse historic architecture. In the afternoon you wander through the region of ‘holes in the ice’, a natural phenomenon which gives you the chance to discover icicles in midsummer. Past the tower of St. George and many more vineyards, you will soon reach Lake Kaltern.
In the morning you travel to the Mendelpass (saddle of Mendel) by train. Enjoy the phenomenal view before you continue your comfortable walk over the plateau towards Nonstal, the language and provincial border. Into amazing canyons and through idyllic small villages to the pilgrimage site of Saint Romedio and past two small sparkling lakes, you will soon reach Coredo. Here you can enjoy the Italian comfort in the middle of Trentino.
Coredo – Molveno
After a short transfer you can admire the impressive landscape of the Nonstal. Afterwards, you hike through lonely forests up to the panoramic square at the worth seeing little church San Tommaso. Continue into the Priori nature park area and across the wetland of a karst lake to Andalo and on to Molveno, situated at the foot of the Brenta Dolomites and on the sparkling turquoise-blue Alpine lake of the same name
Enjoy the fascinating alpine world of the tall peaks of the Brenta group! You ascend into the mountain area of the Pradel by cable car and you discover one of its most beautiful hiking routes. Stop at a Rifugio (mountain hut) and enjoy a typical Italian snack as well as the impressive view of the surrounding mountain tops, before you slowly descend to the crystal clear, green tarn Lago Nembia.
Molveno – Riva del Garda
At the end of your hiking week you walk through the untouched meadows of the valley of Lomason. After that you climb up to Rifugio Monte San Pietro, where you are presented with a stunning view of Lake Garda. Walk down through winding streets and archways, past stonewalls to the castle of Tenno. On the last few kilometres of your tour you walk through olive groves and Mediterranean cypress vegetation until you reach the goal of your hiking week, the banks of Lake Garda.
Departure or extension
You will mainly walk on well maintained walking paths, often on the Waal paths which are ancient water systems. In some sections you will be walking on forest trails and steep paths. We recommend a good basic fitness level for walking days of 3 up to 6 hours as well as for longer ascents. Easier alternatives of the daily sections are possible by bus. A varied walking tour for lovers of promising trails.
| Season 1 |
06.05.2023 - 21.05.2023
25.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
22.05.2023 - 11.06.2023
04.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 3 |
12.06.2023 - 03.09.2023
|From Meran to Lake Garda, 8 days, IT-SJWMG-08A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||285.-||285.-||285.-|
|Half board (6x)||219.-||219.-||219.-|
Category: beautiful 3*-hotels and country hotels (partly with pool)
| Season 1 |
May 6, 2023 - May 21, 2023
Sep 25, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 22, 2023 - Jun 11, 2023
Sep 4, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jun 12, 2023 - Sep 3, 2023
|Merano A Komfort|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||128.-||128.-||128.-|
|Riva del Garda A Komfort|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-||115.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||154.-||154.-||170.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. breakfast
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1 Mendelpass mountain railway
- Transfers according to program
- 1 Ascent fare cable car Pradel-Molveno (only during summer season, otherwise short walk)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- App for navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Bus drive from Lago Nembia to Comano (approx. CHF 6.- per person) is not included in the price
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Half-board evening meal (6x, not in Riva. Mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Return transfer by minibus from to Meran every Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon occasionally, cost CHF 85.- per person, CHF 35.- per dog, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Train journey to Merano or Bolzano and by Bus to Caldaro
- Verona airport.
- Parking: Limited number of free hotel parking spaces or limited car parks near the hotels, approx. CHF 55.- to CHF 85.- per week, payable on-site, no reservation required.
- Return journey from Riva to Rovereto (www.ttesercizio.it) by bus and then by train via Bozen to Merano, approx. 3 hours, from Bolzano by Bus in about 30 minutes to Caldaro.
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.