Arrival to Lake Wolfgang
Wolfgangsee – Bad Ischl
From St. Wolfgang on Saddle walk to lake Schwarzensee. Here the lake cabin of Lore is worth a break with its delicious homemade snacks. Via Wirer gorge into the valley and around Bürglstein to the lake promenade of Strobl. By coach to the old Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl.
Bad Ischl – Bad Goisern
Salt always has been an important source of income in the Salzkammergut. The oldest brine pipeline of the world leads from Hallstatt’s salt mine to the salt works in Bad Ischl. Walk along the promenade into Kaltenbachau, a site of Imperial amusements such as horse races, picnics and rendezvous. On the brine pipeline trail to Bad Goisern, the gateway to UNESCO heritage Hallstatt. If you want to walk a little higher, you can hike on the spectacular mountain trail of the “Eternal Wall”.
By train to Bad Ischl. Along the romantic Sissi-Path you walk to the tiny lake Nussensee then along river Ischl back to lake Wolfgangsee. Through the nature reserve Blinklingmoos along the lake back to today’s stop-over.
Departure or extension
This tour combines pleasant walking with culture and places of interest. The walking paths are good, there are just some short ascents on smaller serpentine paths. We can recommend this tour for families.
| Season 1 |
07.05.2022 - 29.05.2022
19.09.2022 - 08.10.2022
| Season 2 |
30.05.2022 - 19.06.2022
29.08.2022 - 18.09.2022
| Season 3 |
20.06.2022 - 28.08.2022
|Lake Walking Salzkammergut 5 days, Charme, AT-SKWWO-05D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||235.-||235.-||235.-|
Category: see "Our hotels"
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Train fare from Bad Goisern to Bad Ischl
- 1 Salzkammergut Erlebnis Card (reductions for cable cars, thermal bath Bad Ischl, salt mine Hallstatt, Boat rides etc.)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigations and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus ride Strobl – Bad Ischl, approx. CHF 6.- per person
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Transfers from/to airport/station Salzburg upon request
- By train to Salzburg, by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 1 hour). Or by train to Bad Ischl and by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 30 min). Pick up service from the bus stop by the hotel.
- Salzburg or Munich airport.
- Parking: mostly free hotel car park available, partly public car park, approx. CHF 45.- per week. No reservation required.
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.