Hiking holidays Kesch Trek
Eurotrek Alpine: Kesch Trek
Arrival in Davos, luggage drop-off and bus ride to the Flüela Pass. From here on you will hike to the SAC hut “Chamanna da Grialetsch”. Its picturesque location offers views of the glaciers the glaciers Vadret Vallorgia, Vadret da Grialetsch and Vadret da Sasura.
On this day you will hike over the Scaletta Pass. On your way to the SAC hut “Kesch-Hütte” enjoy a short detour, which takes you to the two Alpine lakes Ravais-ch Sout and Lai da Ravais-ch. They lie in a small valley beneath the mighty Piz Murtelet Sur. In the evening the Kesch-Hütte awaits you with good food, warmth and overall cosiness.
From the Kesch-Hütte you will first descend to the Alp digl Chant. Here you can fortify yourself with local delicacies like yoghurt, Alpine cheeses, and milk. Afterwards you continue on the steep ascent up to the Fuorcla Pischa.
After another descent you will reach the SAC hut “Chamanna d’Es-cha”. The parlour with its richly stucco decorated ceiling is unique for a SAC hut. Recharge with a portion of well-earned barley soup or with a homemade Engadinian walnut tart.
The last day of the Kesch trek will take you from the Chamanna d’Es-cha hut back to the valley. On your way the varying views of green mountain pastures and rugged peaks accompany your descent. A highlight of this leg of the tour is the sparkling lake, Lai da Palpuogna.
Finally, the route takes you through forests and meadows to Bergün. Throughout your journey on this day the Albula Railway track, which is renowned for being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, weaves its way across your path.
Departure or extension
The Kesch Trek is an alpine mountain hike (T3 on the SAC Mountain and Alpine hiking scale). The trek mostly follows hiking routes, which are tagged with white-red-white signalisation. Potential dangers in the high mountain ranges must be assessed correctly according to the situation. This trek requires high stamina, surefootedness, absence of vertigo and experience with alpine hikes.
| Season 1 |
01.07.2023 - 30.09.2023
|Eurotrek Alpine: KESCH Trek, 5 days, CH-GRADB-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||55.-|
Category: Dormitories in the SAC huts, 4* hotel in Bergün
| Season 1 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||79.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||119.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-|
- 4 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Half-board in the alpine huts (3x)
- Luggage transfer Davos – Bergün
- Costs for luggage pick up at the station
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route descriptions
- Travel documents with suitable Swisstopo maps (1x per room)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport in Davos. Suitcases must be handed in by 10:00 a.m.
- Departure with the Rhaetian Railway to Chur.
- Overnight stays at the Alpine huts require suitable sleeping bags.
- We recommend that you take a look at the SAC Mountain and Alpine hiking scale for a better evaluation of the level of difficulty.
- Please note that there will be no luggage transport to each individual Alpine hut. Your baggage will be transported directly from the arrival location to the departure location.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.