Chur, the oldest city north of the Alps, has the highest density of restaurants. Spend a moment in this city before continuing your path along the tranquilly flowing river. The Bündner Herrschaft, Graubunden’s fertile garden and winery lies on a mound of slate detritus. It is also the home of Heidi, Geissenpeter and the Alpöhi.
Schaan – Lustenau
The St. Galler Rheintal is an area often cosseted by the warm föhn wind. Much land has been won by the correction of the Alpenrhein waters in Rheintal.
Lustenau – Romanshorn
On this stage you will explore Europe’s largest freshwater delta with a wealth of birdlife.
Romanshorn – Kreuzlingen
The Lake of Constance (Bodensee): the soul of Europe. The area around the shimmering silver-green «Swabian sea» is an ancient cultural landscape. Despite its lively lakeside scene, Thurgau remains a serene slice of countryside with castles and extensive orchards.
The lovely landscape along the long ribbon of the Untersee appealed to Napoleon, the richly-decorated town of Stein am Rhein attracts thousands of visitors every year.
The route continues through lovely countryside and charming villages along the mighty river to Schaffhausen. There, in addition to the charming little town, the largest waterfall in Europe awaits you. The Rhine Falls.
The route mainly follows the shore of the Rhine and Lake of Constance – between Schaffhausen and Basel there are no noteworthy climbs.
The Rhine Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
18.03.2023 - 31.03.2023
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 16.10.2023
| Season 2 |
01.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Youth-Hostel tour along the river Rhine, 6 days, CH-GRRCS-06X|
|Base price|| |
Category: youth hostels & hostels (shower/WC partly in the corridor), inn in Lustenau
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Chur. In case of direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Schaffhausen. Direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the partner hotel by 17:00 at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.