Arrival in Montreux
Stroll along the promenade and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Lake Genevaand the snow white glaciers of the nearby Mont-Blanc massif.
From Vevey, take the rack railway up to the Mont-Pèlerin. Quiet roads lead you to the source of the most popular cheese of Switzerland: the Gruyère, which shares its name with the region. A recent symphony of green melancholy, cowbells and customs.
Postcard country Switzerland: cheeseries, chalets, snowy mountains, cable cars, hotel scent and papercutting. Away from the idyll, the Pays d’Enhaut and the Saaneneland are a magnificent landscape, animated by the haze of celebrity and happy mountain goers
The artfully decorated wooden houses of the Simmental are among the most beautiful in Europe. The Simme remains a wild river that demands a lot from dinghy riders. On to Spiez, a water sports paradies on the cheerful lake Thun. Individual departure after arrival in Thun.
Along the totally 16 lakes between Montreux and Horn, the route is of course smooth and flat – but between the lakes there are some minor passes to cross: Less athletic cyclists are recommended to use an electric bike which is well suited for this route.
- 3overnight stays in the desired accommodation category
- Breakfast buffet
- Daily luggage transport
- Guide book
- Detailed tour documentation (1x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Furniculaire Vevey – Le Mont Pèlerin
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Parking at the train station in Montreux CHF 35 .- per day, (cheaper car parks nearby), mo reservation possible
- Journey back by train via Visp to Montreux, duration approx. 2 hours.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.