Arrival at Lucerne
Tour at Lake Lucerne
In the morning the welcome briefing and the bike distribution take place. This tour leads over some smooth hill next to the lake from where you have wonderful views on Lake Lucerne and the famous mountain pasture Rigi. Green meadows and calm streets make the city seem very far away.
After some kilometres you reach Küssnacht with its lake promenade and continue to Weggis where the ship brings you to the other side of the lake. From here you cycle to the peninsula Horw, from where it is easy to cycle back to the city.
From the town centre of Lucerne you go through a small village called Emmenbrücke and up to a small quiet hill, where you find many beautiful farm houses.
There are some ups and downs in this part but you have a lovely view on the close mountain panorama. After some time you reach the monastery Werthenstein und from here you roll smoothly back to Lucerne.
Today’s goal is the picturesque town Sursee situated on the shore of Lake Sempach. You cycle past small villages on calm streets and past farms and meadows until you reach the lake.
Sursee is a perfect spot for a lunch break. Take your time to walk through the lovely town centre and try some Swiss specialities. The way back leads on the shore of the lake.
Visit Lake Zug
The first part of this route is already known from the first days tour. As soon as you reach Küssnacht you make your way to Lake Zug and go on a boat tour to the city of Zug. From here you cycle along the shore until you reach a quiet path back to the city of Lucerne.
To castle Heidegg
You go past Emmenbrücke to find Lake Baldegg, which is a wonderful nature sanctuary. Next to the lake you can visit castle Wildegg with its beautiful garden. You may visit this castle before you cycle one last time back to your hotel.
Departure or extra nights
Easy to intermediate trips, most of the time you drive on tarmac roads. When going back from monastery Werthenstein you go on a busy street. There are some uphills on every tour that might be strenuous!
- 6 nights in the chosen categorie with breakfast
- Personal tour information
- Voucher for a welcome drink in the Sunset Bar.
- One set of detailed travel documents (maps, route description, places of interest, telephone numbers) per booked room
- Carefully elaborated route
- Boat trips as indicated in the itinerary
- 7-day-service hotline
- By car: Parking at the hotel. CHF 10.- per day. No reservation possible / needed.
- By train: Regular connections from Zurich to Lucerne. From the railway station you can reach the hotel easily by train or bus.