Starting at the hotel direction Locarno along the lake promenade you cycle to the flat Magadino area and go past small forests and big farming areas until you reach the city walls of Ticinos capital: Bellinzona.
In this town you find many old castles, hidden places and the old city wall. After a short break you go past romantic towns back to Losone.
Today’s discoveryleads to the the center of Ascona. You can leave your bicycle there and take the ship to the iles of Brissago. The Botanical Gardens house around 1'700 plant species.
Back in Ascona the route leads you from the hectic city centre on small roads to the branchs of the valley Centovalli. Here you have to face one short uphill before visiting sleepy villages. The route then brings you on an easy path back to Losone.
Into the Maggia Valley
More than 50 kilometres the river Maggia runs through the alps before finally flowing into the Lago Maggiore.
You go past the waterfall at Monte Brolla until you reach the lovely town Maggia. There you have time for a short break and to visit the chapel Santa Maria with its wonderful frescos.
Excursion to Lugano
By bicycle to Locarno. The train brings you to Melide. Lake Lugano can definitely compete with Locarno and Ascona. Italien Dolce Vita, colourful villages with the typical stone church towers and even palms can be discovered today! A wonderful trip completes your cycle holiday in this region.
The tours lead on tarmac and sometimes on gravel roads.. In the city centres of Locarno or Ascona the cycle paths lead through pedestrian areas. Pushing the bicycle might be necessary here. Every day you have to deal with small uphills, but these should be no obstacles even for unexercised guests. An easy tour, even for beginners.
Category: Albergo Losone 4*
- 5 nights with breakfast
- One set of detailed travel documents (maps, route description, places of interest, telephone numbers) per booked room
- Train journeys Locarno - Melide, Lugano - Locarno incl. bike
- Excursion to the isles of Brissago on the 3rd day
- Entrance to the castles of Bellinzona
- Daily entrance to the spa incl. Hammam
- Personal tour information
- Carefully elaborated route
- Service hotline
- Ticino Tourist tax (CHF 6.10 / night)
- By car: The hotel offers free parking places, no reservation necessary
- By train: Regular connections from Zurich via Bellinzona to Locarno. From the train station you can reach the hotel by bus in only 15 minutes.
Albergo Losone 4*
Albergo Losone is a house with a long history. Mr. Glaus and his family are well known for being excellent hosts. Over decades this house has developed from a simple hostel to one of the most welcoming hotels in Switzerland. Today the old manor is going to charm you with its athentic interior and spacious rooms. You can relax under palm trees at the hotel pool or at the sandy beach, go for a swim in the nearby river Maggia, use the wellness area with hammam or try your luck on the hotels own golf course.