Biking holidays Panorama Bike Fribourg
Biking: Panorama Bike
From the scenic town of Thun by the same-named lake, the route heads up towards the Gurnigel Pass into the untouched Alpine foothills of the Gantrisch region. Panoramic single trails lead into the Fribourg Alps and Lake Schwarzsee.
Schwarzsee – Charmey
Deep blue Lake Schwarzsee lies in a rock basin surrounded by rugged cliffs. Cross the language border and continue past the idyllically situated Carthusian monastery at Valsainte and on to the Pays de Gruyère, known worldwide for its cheese.
Charmey – Les Paccots
Striking Gruyères Castle from the 11th century and the Lac de la Gruyère – the hallmarks of the region – can bee seen close-up on this tour. The route leads around the Moleson, over Alpine meadows and through forest to Les Paccots.
The final stage of the Panorama Bike is nothing less than spectacular: From the tiny ski area of Les Paccots, the route climbs continually to the Col de Soladier, on along an attractive high-level route to Col de Jaman, above Montreux. Then follows a thrilling 1'200 metre descent to the shores of Lac Léman.
Good physical condition is essential for the ascents in the Gantrisch area. The first stage is also technically more difficult. After that it will be easier and occasional trails will bring variety.
Find more information about the region here.
The Panorama Bike at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Panorama Bike Thun - Montreux, 4 days, CH-BDATM-04X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||169.-||169.-|
Category: middle class hotels
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||125.-||125.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||180.-||180.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||130.-||130.-|
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Carefully elaborated route
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Thun. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Montreux. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 17:00 at the latest.
Other important information:
The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.