Hiking holidays Trans Swiss Trail Gotthardpass & Strada Alta
Hiking: Trans Swiss Trail
Luggage drop-off in Amsteg. A stage for railroad fans: The route partly runs right next to the tracks of the now "old" Gotthard railroad line (long-distance trains rush through the world's longest railroad tunnel under the Gotthard Mountains).
Göschenen – Gotthardpass
The towns of Göschenen and Andermatt play an important role in the history of Gotthard traffic. The legendary Schöllenen gorge lies between them. The route follows the paving of the venerable mule track to the pass of passes. Varied, colourful alpine flora. The striking ventilation system of the Gotthard car tunnel resembles a music pavilion.
Gotthardpass – Airolo
From the pass with its old refuge, the Hospiz, and Totenkappelle (Cemetery Chapel), the section leads to the world-famous Tremolastrasse, which climbs an impressive 340 metres around 24 bends. Once you reach Airolo, the obere Leventina valley awaits with further discoveries.
Airolo – Osco
Deep down in the valley, traffic roars along the motorway, while peace reigns up on the Strada alta trail. Magnificent views of the Leventina and Val Bedrettotal mountain chains. Bright chapels in villages and field. Osco was once an important trading post.
Osco – Anzonico
The mid-section of the Strada alta is thought to be the easiest and most magnificent: almost level, mostly on unsurfaced tracks, with the peaks above the Leventina as constant companions. Chapels and churches for reflection and art enjoyment.
The most romantic but steepest section of the Strada alta trail. The old mule trail leads over rocky spurs and through tranquil chestnut forests to the unique open-air steps above Pollegio. A spurt to the finish at Biasca down in the Leventina Valley.
The tours themselves follow well developed hiking trails, but the stages over the Gotthard require sure-footedness. Some longer sections require good basic fitness.
The Trans Swiss Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Trans Swiss Trail Gotthardpass & Strada Alta, 6 days, CH-ZSWAB-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||229.-||229.-|
Category: 3* hotels, hospice at the Gotthard pass, simple hostel with shared shower/WC in Osco
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||115.-||115.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||145.-||145.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||120.-||120.-|
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Ticino Ticket with numerous inclusive services and discounts (on request at the hotel)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Rides by public transport not included (approx. CHF 7.- per person)
- Arrival by public transport to Amsteg. If you arrive directly, hand in your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Biasca. In case of direct departure, luggage will be returned to the partner hotel by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
Your travel program
Description of how to use the app
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.