Luggage drop-off in Locarno and bus ride to Sonogno. Both Sonogno and Lavertezzo with its famous stone arch bridge are worth the trip. The stretch in between is also scenic: you hike through a piece of unspoilt, stone-rich mountain Ticino and stop for refreshments in a typical grotto.
The section of the trail between Corippo (listed as a national heritage site) and Mergoscia is spectacular. Along the mountain trail you will come across architectural evidence of the struggle for existence that the farmers waged a hundred years ago. Hike to Contra and continue by bus to the centre of Locarno.
Locarno – Ponte Brolla
Bus ride to Lodano. At the very beginning you dive into the silence of the small villages of Lodano, Mogheghno and Aurigeno. On relatively flat paths through lush green forests, down in the valley the Maggia river digs deeper and deeper into the rock. Beautiful basins above Ponte Brolla and unique rock formations mark the end of today's hike.
Bus ride to Loco. First a steep descent down to the river Isorno. Then through chestnut woods and past scattered houses and settlements on old mule tracks towards Centovalli. The highest bell tower in Ticino greets from afar in Intragna.
For a long time this mule track was the only connection through the Valle Vigezzo to Domodossola. After a long climb you reach the small village of Verdasio. Through the forest of Gaggio to Palazzo Tondù in Lionza, a listed building. Then you pass the Parco dei Mulini above Borgnone and reach the stone houses of Camedo in the upper Centovalli.
Short train ride to Verdasio. By cable car up to the small village of Rasa. Don't start the walk too early, because the typical grotto in this village is a highlight. You leave this sunny terrace and hike through dense, shady forest up to Casone. Wonderful views of Lake Maggiore spice up the descent to Ronco sopra Ascona. Take the bus to Locarno, collect your luggage and departure.
Partly many metres in altitude and long stages. Especially in spring and autumn, paths on north-facing slopes can be slippery. Good physical condition is necessary for the steep climbs.
The Sentiero Verzasca at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Ticinos Valleys, 6 days, CH-TSWSL-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||445.-||445.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||75.-||75.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||85.-||85.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||155.-||155.-|
|Ronco sopra Ascona|
|Extra night double room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||185.-||185.-|
- 5 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Ticino Ticket with numerous inclusive services and discounts
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (1x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Bus, train and cable car rides are not included in the tour price (approx. CHF 25.- with half fare ticket)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Bellinzona. Drop off your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Locarno. Suitcases will be handed over at the luggage counter by 05:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.