Hiking holidays around Zugspitze with Charming-Hotels
Hiking: Around Zugspitze
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Wild and idyllic the day starts with a walk through Partnach gorge, where the waters of Wetterstein massif meet. Continue via soft hills and alpine pastures to Klais or Mittenwald.
Precise stone masonry cut the route through the gorge into steep rock walls. Bold wooden footbridges cross up to 40 m above the water. Enjoy the contrasting walk along Leutascher Ache into the valley. Past hamlets and flower meadows with the backdrop of Wetterstein massif you walk into the widening Leutasch valley.
You have the choice: either to relax or to take a walk to the lakes in and around Seefeld. Or you opt for an excursion on one of the Seefelder summits, either walking or taking the cable car. Return to Leutasch by coach.
Short bus ride into Gaistal valley. The summer in Gaistal is enjoyed by Haflinger horses, brown and grey cattle as well as the Scottish Galloways. Walk on Ganghofer path right into picturesque scenery and up to Ehrwalder alpine pasture. Here Bavarian author Ludwig Ganghofer sought retreat. Take the cable car down into the valley and continue to Ehrwald.
Step by step you walk up to the foothills of Zugspitze and famous Eibsee scenic view. The tour ends on the banks of lovely lake Eibsee with full view of the magnificent Zugspitz-Garmisch panorama. Take the Zugspitz train back to Garmisch.
Departure or extension
Varied walking tour only requiring a good basic fitness level. You walk on well maintained walking trails and partly on forest paths. Higher gradients are managed mostly by transfers or cable car. Daily walking times are max. 5 hours.
| Season 1 |
20.05.2023 - 11.06.2023
18.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
12.06.2023 - 02.07.2023
28.08.2023 - 17.09.2023
| Season 3 |
03.07.2023 - 27.08.2023
|Around Zugspitze, 7 days, Charme, DE-ZUWGA-07D|
|Base price|| |
|Half board (6x)||339.-||339.-||339.-|
|Surcharge single room||225.-||225.-||225.-|
Category charme: see "Your hotels"
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1x per room)
- 1 downhill fare cable car Ehrwald
- 1 fare Zugspitzbahn from Eibsee to Garmisch
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Reservation fee of CHF 15.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train fare from Klais to Mittenwald, approx. CHF 5.- per person
- Bus fare from Seefeld to Leutasch, approx. CHF 5.- per person
- Bus fare from Leutasch to Gaistal, approx. CHF 5.- per person
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- By train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and a short walk or a short bus ride to the starting hotel
- Munich airport
- Parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces free of charge, no reservation possible. Plenty of parking options free of charge near the hotel.
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.