Arrival at Murten
Murten – Freiburg
From the medieval Murten along the Schiffenensee (Lake Schiffenen) and across contemplative, gently waved landscapes, to the gothic houses of Fribourg .The old town of Fribourg in the Üechtland is regarded as one of the most beautiful, medieval architectonic testimonials of europe. Thanks to more then 200 gothic facades from the 15. century it has maintained it´s medieval charm until today. Ever since the billingual city keeps the exchange of cultures alive.
Freiburg – Gruyères
Lovely is the landscape, man-made the lake: Lac de la Gruyère ( Lake Gruyère), land of the «Crème de la Gruyère» (Cream Gruyère) and of the black-white specked cows. On the hill it stands, the castle-town Gruyères with it´s busy touristic hustle and bustle.
Gruyères – Romont
From Gruyères along the Seen-Route (lake route) to the small town of Bulle. Then up and down over panoramic hilltops and past rippling brooks through the Fribourg hills. Shady woodland along this rural route to medieval Romont provides variety.
Romont – Murten
After Romont, the route offers a wealth of impressions and touches both the foothills of the Alps and the Three Lakes Region with the historic towns of Avenches and Murten.
On this round trip you will discover the historic town of Murten and the pretty winegrowing villages in Vully. Ideal for those interested in history, but also for bathers, sun worshippers and lovers of good wine and regional products. Individual departure after return to Murten.
The round trip through Fribourg Region stretches from the flat Three-Lakes Region into the Pre-Alps foothills.
The waters of Lake Schiffenen and Lake Gruyère ensure that the cycle stages are mostly flat and easy-going, so you can enjoy the tour without greater effort.
- 6 Overnight stays in the desired accommodation category incl. breakfast
- Dayly lugagge transport
- Optimally worked out route guidance
- Entrance Maison Chocolat in Broc
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-Data available
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person
- Parking lot at the train station Murten, parking decks available in the surrounding; Costs for the train station parking lot CHF 8.-/Day (Park-Daytickets also available at the ticket office),no reservation possible, locally payable.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.