Wetlands and rolling hills characterize the Zürcher Oberland. The slopes of the Bachtel offer views of the Zürichsee lake and the Alps. Then into the Tösstal, a little-known area of Canton Zurich. Via the pre-Alpine Goldingertal valley and over the Ricken Pass into Toggenburg.
The cosy corners of Toggenburg as highlights. With Krinau and Libingen you visit two little-known gems. After crossing the River Thur, in good weather you see the Santis mountain in all its glory. Impressive arrival in the Appenzell region before approaching the stage point of Herisau.
Herisau – Altstätten
A powerful piece of Eastern Switzerland, a strong insight into the Appenzell region and the backdrop of the Alpstein. Fascinating contrasts between the Rhine Valley and the stage stop of Altstätten. Challenging topography and varied landscape make this one of the most diverse stages.
Differing landscapes, cantons and locations are crossed in a compact area. The vantage point of St. Anton rewards you with magnificent views of the Bodensee (Lake Constance), the Rhine Valley and the Vorarlberg Alps. The Herzroute reaches the harbour town of Rorschach via Walzenhausen and Rheineck.
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Parking at Rapperswil train station. CHF 8.- per day.
- Return journey by train via Uznach to Rapperswil, duration approx. 1.5 h.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.