Individual arrival to Lugano
Leave your luggage in Lugano and cycle up to Suvigliana. From here with the furniculaire up to Monte Brè. Brè-Sonvico section on wooded singletrails, to Pairolo on unpaved roads, mostly in open country. From M. Bar and M. Roveraccio fantastic views of the Luganese (Lugano District) and the valleys.
Pairolo hut – Rivera
Thrilling panorama trail. Pairolo Gola di Lago on the mountain ridge, alternating single trail and unpaved roads. Fairy-tale landscape, characterized by alpine meadows and pastures, as well as three huts. S. Lucio, Cap. M. Bar and M. della Croce, fantastic vantage points.
Rivera – Miglieglia
Take the aerial cableway up to M. Tamaro and save energy. From the summit an unpaved road and a singletrail in the middle of the forest, followed by an unpaved road. Arosio-Miglieglia on a singletrail in the typical rolling hills of Malcantone. Don't miss the ascent to M. Lema!
Miglieglia – Ponte Tresa
A journey of discovery in lower Malcantone. On the M. Faeta and down towards Astano on a forest road. It's well worth taking a break in the picturesque village centre and at the lake of the same name. Sections along roads in varied landscape to Ponte Cremenage. Alongside the River Tresa to Ponte Tresa and from there back to Lugano by train.
Departure or extra nights
Bike pleasures await you here. Some of the long ascents can be shortened with the local infrastructure. Good technique and good physical condition are important. No luggage transfer on the trip to Pairolo.
The Lugano Bike at SwitzerlandMobility
Category: 3*-Hotels, 1 x mountain cabin (shower / toilet on the corridor)
- 5 overnights stays in the chosen categorie
- 1x Halfboard (Pairolo hut)
- Daily luggage transport (except Pairolo hut)
- Guide book
- Detailed tour documentation (1x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Train from Ponte Tresa to Lugano
- Ride with the furniculaire Lugano Suvigliana – Monte Brè
- Cable car Riviera – Alpe Foppa
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Parking at the railway station of Lugano. CHF 12.- per day.
- Return travel by train to Lugano. Duration: 30 minutes
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.