Arrival in Constance
Arrive in Constance and then move into your accommodation. On a long walk around the town you can detect the medieval flair that this town has. In Constance’s Sea Life Center you will discover over 3,000 animals in over 30 aquariums. Fun for the whole family.
You start your tour heading towards „Blumeninsel“ Mainau. On this heavenly island you will soon discover the gorgeous sea of flowers, small forests and the fragrant rose bushes. You then continue towards Wallhausen. Here you will embark the boat. Once you arrive in the old Imperial city of Überlingen, you will continue cycling past the baroque pilgrimage church in Birnau until you then get to Unteruhldingen/Meersburg. An exciting visit to the “Pfahlbaumuseum” is not to be missed here.
At the Lake Dwelling Museum in Uhldingen, you can find out how our ancestors lived here on Lake Constance during the Stone Age: They built their famous houses above the water. Afterwards you cycle to medieval Meersburg, where you can visit not only one but two castles, and then on to Immenstaad and Friedrichshafen.
The cycle path to Ravensburger Spieleland is actually not very far but hilly. Therefore we recommend taking the bus from Friedrichshafen directly to the amusement park. One day there is nearly not enough, there is just so much to see, to try out, to build and to play!
Friedrichshafen – Lindau
First you will cycle through Langenargen where you can be amazed at the inspiration of the Golden Gate Bridge. You will cycle across extensive orchards and on easy routes until you get to Lindau. Here you can admire the old town. This is located on and island and under preservation.
Lindau – Rorschach/Arbon
You should take your first break in Bregenz: The cable car lifts you up to the top of Mount Pfänder above Bregenz and the Lake Constance area. On top you cannot only enjoy the view but also say hello or "Servus" like the Austrians to the animals at the petting zoo. Back on your bike you reach Höchst, where you soon cross the Swiss border, and reach Rorschach and a few kilometres further Arbon.
Today your route will take you through the “Mostindien”. The region got its name due to its isolated location and the significant apple orchards. At the end of today’s stage, you will cycle past the lovely little towns of Arbon and Romanshorn. The view across the lake will inspire you! The end of your family cycle tour will bring you back to Constance. Those interested in art and culture will be happy in the “Rosgartenmuseum”.
Departure or extension
Flat route profile along predominantly flat cycle paths. The route runs mainly along the water’s edge and partly along the esplanade.
Category: 3***-hotels and guesthouses
Children’s rates valid in room with two paying adults. Rates for children aged 6 or younger are payable on site.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Boat ride from Walhausen – Überlingen with bike
- Entrance to the „Rosgartenmuseum“ in Contance with 1 coffee included
- Entrance to the „Pfahlbaumuseum Unteruhldingen“ (museum about traditionally building houses in stilts)
- Entrance to the Sea Life Center Constance
- Entrance Mainau Island¬Entrance Ravensburger Spieleland Meckenbeuren-Liebenau
- Entrance Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen
- Cable car return ride to the Pfänder excl. bike
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room (German, English, French) with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus trip to Ravensburger Spieleland from Friedrichshafen and back, Dayticket for a group (up to 5 persons): approx. CHF 12.-
- Fly to Zürich or Friedrichshafen airport and then take the train to Constance in about 1 hour.
- Take the train to Constance and then a short walk or taxi ride to the hotel
- Car parking space: Fenced parking space near the office in Constance, CHF 43.-, payable in advance, reservation necessary, parking spaces free of charge on public roads, public multi-storey car parks approx. CHF 12.-/day, hotel parking spaces on request
- Start and ending of the tour is possible in every town, without any surcharge.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and bike skills. This is a route well-suited for families.
- Flat route profile along predominantly flat cycle paths. The route runs mainly along the water’s edge and partly along the esplanade.