- Minimum number of participants: 50 persons
Arrival in Amsterdam
Boat ride: Amsterdam – Hoorn
Individual arrival to Amsterdam. Check-in on board in the afternoon. Maybe you will take some time for exploring the city of Amsterdam. At 5:30pm the MS SERENA will leave Amsterdam for the harbour town of Hoorn
Hoorn – Enkhuizen
Hoorn is an ancient city in which you can still find many buildings dating back to the 17th century (e.g. the Regentur of Westfriesland – today a museum, the town’s scales at the Rodesteen, the harbour tower as well as the storage houses at the old quai). Today you are cycling from Hoorn to Enkhuizen. Tip: you should visit the Zuiderzeemuseum.
Today you have a boat ride across the IJsselmeer to Lemmer. You are starting your round trip by bike: over the Oosterzee Buren to the Tjeukemeer, further to Munnekeburen, then around the Rottige Meente over Scherpenzel and Schoterzijl back to Lemmer with its historical old part of town and beautiful gable houses.
Tip: Optional visit to the largest still-functioning steam pumping station in the world, “Woudagemaal”.
You will cycle to Sondeler Leien Lake. From there you go through the Rijsterbos woods past the Mokkebank (a bird reserve) to the Roode Klif at Stavoren. From there you cruise to Oudeschild on Texel island.
You are going on a round trip by bike on the biggest North Sea Island of the Netherlands – Texel. There are numerous routes you can choose between. Tip: We also recommend that you visit the beer brewery of Texel. At about 6 pm you take the boat back to Den Helder.
In the morning you cycle through the dunes to Alkmaar. It is possible for you to go on board the MS SERENA in St. Maartensvlotburg and cruise the rest of the way to Alkmaar. As an alternative, you can also start your bike tour in St. Maartensvlotburg.
In the morning you have the opportunity to visit the cheese market in Alkmaar (ca. Apr. to Sept). At midday we are shipping to Wormerveer from where you are cycling to the open air museum Zaanse Schans (windmills, ancient Dutch village, cheese factory, etc.). You are cycling through the recreational area Twiske to Amsterdam. Tip: In the evening you have the opportunity to take part in a “Grachtenrundfahrt” (a cruise on the canals in Amsterdam on small boats)
Departure or extension
Disembarkation until 9am and individual trip home.
You cycle between 25 and 45 km each day. Nearly all routes are flat and easy to cycle along. You cycle on asphalted bike paths with routes that are signposted.
- Program according to tour itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins and Linen and change of towels if required
- GPS tracks
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book per cabin for self-guided trips
- Tour representative on board
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Amsterdam train station close to the pier
- Parking Oosterdok economy fare approx. CHF 30.- for 24 h or Valet
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price CHF 175.- per week payable in advance (application form can be ordered bei Eurobike)
Other important information:
- If a minimum number of participants is necessary for the trip to take place, this is defined under “Arrival dates”. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the tour by the time specified under the heading “Arrival dates” before the planned travel date. We recommend organising your arrival and departure only after this deadline has passed.
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.
A comfortable river boat with nice saloon, bar and restaurant (air-conditioned). Partly roofed sun deck with seats and storage for bikes. Length 90 m, breadth 9,90 m, maximum space for 99 guests, Dutch flag and captaincy. 33 cabins on main deck and 18 cabins on promenade deck.