Baggage drop-off in Thusis. Hiking path through the dramatic Viamala-Schlucht (gorge) and Schams with numerous cultural monuments (e.g. church in Zillis) and traffic constructions (Traversiner suspension bridge and Punt da Suransuns, Wildener bridges, Rania bridge). Relaxation in the Andeer spa.
Andeer – Splügen
Ingeniously laid path through the difficult Roflaschlucht (gorge) and the sparsely populated Rheinwald valley floor. Andeer and Splügen offer interesting townscapes. The Rheinwalder Valley Museum Crestawald Fortress Museum and Roflaschlucht cliff path are worth a visit.
Today's walk leads you up to Bodmastafel. A trail leads you past the peaks of the Alps of Rhäzüns up to the plateau of Suretta. Sparkling lakes and nice views await you here before you walk past the viewpoint Franzisch-Grind back to Splügen.
Splügen – Isola/Madesimo
Alpine hike over the Splügenpass on a unique mule trail with an exposed descent through the gorge of the Val Cardinello. En route: historic traffic constructions (engineered road with marble bridges and avalanche galleries). The refuge in Isola is now a guest house.
Following the course of the Liro, through shady chestnut woods in the Val San Giacomo to Chiavenna with its southern ambience. Isolated pilgrimage churches of San Giacomo Filippo and Gallivaggio, Italian savoir vivre in Chiavenna’s vibrant Centro Storico.
Departure or extension
Surefootedness is needed for the alpine hiking trails. Two legs are quite long and you need to be in a good phyiscal condition to be able to go on this hike. The trails in the gorges lead over tarmac paths that might be slippery.
The ViaSpluga at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Via Spluga, 6 days, CH-GRWTC-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||265.-||265.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inn
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||149.-||149.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||75.-||75.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||105.-||105.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. Breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Entrance to the Roffla and Viamala Gorge
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Thusis. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Chiavenna.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.