Lugage drop-off in Ste-Croix. The ViaFrancigena reaches Swiss soil at La Grand'Borne near L'Auberson, crosses the Sainte-Croix plateau and descends to Vuiteboeuf with a magnificent view of the Swiss midlands.
Orbe - Cossonay
After Orbe, the ViaFrancigena reaches the medieval town of Romainmôtier with its Clunysian abbey. Finally, one reaches the middle of the world, where part of the river Nozon flows to the Mediterranean Sea and the other part to the North Sea.
Cossonay - Lausanne
The poet Gilles described the Venoge, which follows this stage from Cossonay to Saint-Sulpice sometimes high above, sometimes along the river. The pilgrims path finally reaches Lake Geneva and continues via the Roman town of Vidy to Lausanne.
From the quays in Ouchy, the ViaFrancigena runs along the shores of Lac Léman to Villette. Then it winds its way through the terraces of Lavaux, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offering a fantastic view over Lake Geneva. Individual departure on arrival in Vevey.
On pilgrimage routes through the Yverdon-les-Bains region to Lake Geneva. The paths are easy to follow, but for the long stages you need a good basic condition and some experience in long-distance hiking.
Category: Middle class hotels and Inns
- 3 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transport
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1 x per room)
- GPS-data available
- 7-day Helpline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Costs for collecting luggage at the station. CHF 24.- per person.
- Parking at the train station in Ste-Croix, payable on site.
- Return train journey via Lausanne and Yverdon-les-Bains to Ste-Croix. Duration: approx. 1.5 h
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.