Arrival to Bellinzona
The skyline of the capital of Ticino, comprising three of the best-preserved medieval castles in Switzerland, which are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bellinzona is strategically positioned where the valley narrows at the southern entrance to the Alpine passes and is probably Switzerland's most Italianate town.
Bellinzona – Isone
Steep climb to the Val d’Isone with views of Piano di Magadino and Lago Maggiore. Take one last look at the castles of Bellinzona before you walk down towards Isone.
Isone – Tesserete
First through the swamp at Gola di Lago and then further on through a sea of ferns in a sparse birch forest towards Bigorio. Santa Maria Franciscan monastery like an eagle’s nest above Tesserete.
In the morning transfer to Cimadera. The tour leads past the Denti della Vecchia rock formations over the Monte Boglia, through beech forests and high plateaux to Monte Bré, a vantage platform high above Lugano. The furniculaire takes you down to the city centre.
The hike from Monte San Salvatore to Vico Morcote is a classic for the whole family. Always slightly downhill, woodlands alternating with well-kept villages, pretty grotti and scenic views. From Morcote you continue by ship and cable car to Serpiano.
The Monte San Giorgio, also known as the «Fossil Mountain», is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, tackled after a short boat trip. Dinosaur fossils dating back 230-240 million years can be marvelled at in a small museum in Meride.
Walks with a view! The distances are rather short but you should expect some steep up- and downhills. Surefootedness is needed for the hikes on the crests.
Category: 3*-hotels & local inns
- 6 nights incl. breakfast
- Daily Luggage transfer
- Transfer Tesserete – Cimadera
- Entrance to the castles of Bellinzona
- Entrance to the museum Monte San Giorgio
- Ticino Ticket (numerous discounts and included services)
- Thorough route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1x per room)
- GPS data available
- Rides with boats and cable cars (approx CHF 45.- per person)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Arrival via Zürich to Bellinzona.
- Park&Rail at the railway station Bellinzona, CHF 12.-/day
- By train from Mendrisio to Bellinzona, length: approx. 50 minutes, costs approx. CHF 15.- per person and ride
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.