Luggage drop-off in Bellinzona. Steep climb to the Cima di Dentro with views of Piano di Magadino and Lago Maggiore. Take one last look at the UNESCO-World Heritage castles of Bellinzona before you walk down towards Isone.
Isone – Tesserete
First through the swamp at Gola di Lago and then further on through a sea of ferns in a sparse birch forest towards Bigorio. Santa Maria Franciscan monastery like an eagle’s nest above Tesserete.
Tesserete – Lugano
In the morning by bus to Cimadera. The tour leads past the Denti della Vecchia rock formations over the Monte Boglia, through beech forests and high plateaux to Monte Brè, a vantage platform high above Lugano. The furniculaire takes you down to the city centre.
Lugano – Serpiano
The hike from Monte San Salvatore to Vico Morcote is a classic for the whole family. Always slightly downhill, woodlands alternating with well-kept villages, pretty grotti and scenic views. From Morcote you continue by ship and cable car to Serpiano.
The Monte San Giorgio, also known as the «Fossil Mountain», is a UNESCO World Natural Heritage. Dinosaur fossils dating back 240 million years can be marvelled at in a small museum in Meride. After arrival in Mendrisio individual departure.
Walks with a view! The distances are rather short but you should expect some steep up- and downhills. Surefootedness is needed for the hikes on the crests.
Find more information about the region here.
The ViaGottardo at SwitzerlandMobility
The Trans Swiss Trail at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|Highlights of Ticino 5 days, CH-TSWBM-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||235.-||235.-|
Category: 3* hotels & local inns
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||150.-||150.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||144.-||144.-|
- Accommodation as mentioned incl. Breakfast
- Daily luggage transfer
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Entrance to the castles of Bellinzona
- Entrance to the fosil museum Monte San Giorgio
- Ticino Ticket with numerous inclusive services and discounts (on request at hotel)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Rides with boats and cable cars not included (approx. CHF 45.- per person)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Bellinzona. If you arrive directly, hand in your luggage at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Mendrisio. In case of direct departure, luggage will be returned to the partner hotel by 05:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.