Arrival to Andermatt
By train up to the Oberalppass. From Oberalppass a steep climb leads to the source of the Rhine at the Tomasee lake. After hiking through the wetlands of Val Maighels you start the climb to the Maighelspass and the idyllic Portgerensee lake. This is followed by the descent to the Vermigel Hut.
The trail climbs steeply up to Alp Summermatten, to the Sellapass and on to the highest point of the Four Springs Trail, the Piz Giübin (2'776 m), from where you can marvel at the panoramic view. The descent leads to the dam at the Sellasee lake and on to the Gotthardpass.
The route leads along the Lago Lucendro lake to the source of the Reuss at the foot of the Lucendropass and on over the pass. After a long and scenic high-level hike above the Bedrettotal valley, you reach your destination – the Piansecco Hut.
The route leads to the source area of the River Ticino below the Nufenenpass, home to many marmots. It then continues over the Nufenenpass, crossing magnificent Alpine meadows through the Ägenetal valley, over a hanging bridge and finally along the Rhone to the village Obergesteln.
Obergesteln – Tiefenbach
We recommend shortening today’s walk by public transport. From Obergesteln the trail leads via Oberwald, Gletsch and Muttbach up to the Furkapass with stunning views of the Valais‘ 4'000-metre mountains. The route then leads down via Alp Galen to a scenic vantage point above the Rhône Glacier source of the Rhone. From here you walk or take the public transport towards Tiefenbach.
Tiefenbach – Andermatt
Pleasant hike on Urschnen high-level trail along stony south-eastern slopes above Urserental. Views down to Realp and Hospental, pass road and historic Furka steam railway. En route: tiny lakes, Alpine flowers, mountain streams and jagged cliffs.
Departure or Extension
| Season 1 |
10.09.2022 - 25.09.2022
| Season 2 |
02.07.2022 - 09.09.2022
|Vier-Quellen-Weg, 8 days | TO, CH-ZSWAA-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||249.-||249.-|
Category: 3* and 4* hotels, Hospice on the Gotthard Pass, mountain inn with shower/toilet on the corridor in Tiefenbach, 2 x dormitories in SAC-mountain huts
| Season 1 |
Sep 10, 2022 - Sep 25, 2022
| Season 2 |
Jul 2, 2022 - Sep 9, 2022
|Extra night double room (BB)||129.-||129.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||169.-||169.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||140.-||140.-|
- 7 overnight stays with breakfast
- 2 x half-board in the SAC huts
- Daily luggage transfers (apart from SAC-huts)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailled travel documents (1 x per room)
- GPS data available
- Service Hotline
- If the Vermigel Hut is fully booked, the Maighels Hut can be booked as an alternative. The price of the trip remains the same, but the second day is much more demanding (19.5 km, ↑ 1'110 m, ↓ 1'330 m).
- Optional journey by public transport on day 5 not included in the price (CHF 4.- with half-fare card)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Parking in Andermatt, costs are payable on site
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.