Arrival to Andermatt
By train up to the Oberalppass. From Oberalppass a steep climb leads to the source of the Rhine at the Tomasee lake. After hiking through the wetlands of Val Maighels you start the climb to the Maighelspass and the idyllic Portgerensee lake. This is followed by the descent to the Vermigel Hut.
The trail climbs steeply up to Alp Summermatten, to the Sellapass and on to the highest point of the Four Springs Trail, the Piz Giübin (2776m), from where you can marvel at the panoramic view. The descent leads to the dam at the Sellasee lake and on to the Gotthardpass.
The route leads along the Lago Lucendro lake to the source of the Reuss at the foot of the Lucendropass and on over the pass. After a long and scenic high-level hike above the Bedrettotal valley, you reach your destination – the Piansecco Hut.
The route leads to the source area of the River Ticino below the Nufenenpass, home to many marmots. It then continues over the Nufenenpass, crossing magnificent Alpine meadows through the Ägenetal valley, over a hanging bridge and finally along the Rhone to the villages Oberwald or Ulrichen.
We recommend shortening today’s walk by public transport. From Obergesteln the trail leads via Oberwald, Gletsch and Muttbach up to the Furkapass with stunning views of the Valais‘ 4000-metre mountains. The route then leads down via Alp Galen to a scenic vantage point above the Rhône Glacier source of the Rhone. From here you walk or take the public transport towards Tiefenbach.
Tiefenbach – Andermatt
Pleasant hike on Urschnen high-level trail along stony south-eastern slopes above Urserental. Views down to Realp and Hospental, pass road and historic Furka steam railway. En route: tiny lakes, Alpine flowers, mountain streams and jagged cliffs.
Departure or extra nights
You need good physical condition, surefootedness and a good stamina for this alpine hike. It leads over passes and suspension bridges. Some demanding and long descends.
Category: 3* and 4*-Hotels, 2 x dormitories in SAC-mountain huts.
- 4 overnight stays with breakfast
- 2x half-board in the SAC huts
- Luggage transfer (one piece of luggage per person, 20 kg, apart from SAC-huts)
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailled route instructions (1 x per room)
- Service Hotline
- Rides with public transport (train Andermatt – Oberalppass, bus from Furkapass to Oberwald bus from Belvédère to Andermatt / Oberwald)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Parking on Oberalppass, costs are payable on site.
- Parking in Andermatt, costs are payable on site.
Travel documents "analogous"
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital"
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of SwitzerlandMobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.