Individual arrival to Olivone
Olivone – Acquacalda
A day in or above the Valle Santa Maria, stretching up from Olivone to the Passo del Lucomagno. Preserved marshland areas of national significance with rich flora at Capanna Dötra.
Acquacalda – Airolo
Ascent to Passo del Sole, the rock changes from sediment to granite. The Val Piora is one of the largest and most peaceful high plateaux in the Swiss Alps. On foot or with one of the world’s steepest funiculars down to the Leventina.
Airolo – All’Acqua
The cable car takes you up to Pesciüm. The long panoramic stage to All’Acqua reveals the southern charm of the valley: airy larch woods, the tiny villages of Ossasco, Villa, Bedretto and Ronco down below. Latin-style stone houses dotted between typical Valais wooden houses.
All’Acqua – Ulrichen
The Val Corno stretching up from Cap. Gorno-Gries to Passo del Corno is very interesting in landscape and geological terms. Garnet inclusions in slate on the Griesspass, picturesque Griessee on the edge of a glacier world. Long descent to Goms.
Departure or extra nights
Category: standard hotels & mountain inns
- 5 overnight stays with breakfast
- Luggage transfer
- Cable car Airolo – Pesciüm
- Ticino Ticket (reductions and free use of public transport in Ticino)
- Thorough route guidance
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS data available
- Ride with the furnicular Piora - Airolo
Arrival / parking / departure
- Free parking in Olivone. Reservation needed.
- Return travel by bus and train via Andermatt, Göschenen and Biasca to Olivone. Length approx. 3 hours