Arrival to Andermatt
Luggage drop-off in Andermatt. The start in the stony Alpine reduit (fortress), over the treeless pastures of the Urserental, perspiring on the climb to the 2430m Furkapass and an indescribable freewheel past the ice caves of the Rhone Glacier.
In this part of Switzerland, the Rhone is still called Rotten. You ride through the sunny high valley towards Brig. In the evening you visit the World Nature Forum in the neigbouring village of Naters with information to the UNESCO World Heritage - Region Jungfrau-Aletsch.
Brig – Sierre
The main valley in the Valais widens, the sun warms the dry mountain slopes. Between Leuk and Sierre you will leave the river Rhone and drive through the vineyards to a winery. After a wine tasting, you continue to the the village Sierre.
Sierre – Martigny
The capital city Sion shows its historical castles, churches and mansions. The lower Rhone-Valley is dominated by the high-alpine scenery of the Dents du Midi. A world of fertile fruit orchards and vineyards.
From the heights, a round tower guards Martigny on its bend in the Rhone at the valley’s narrowest point, St-Maurice guards golden church treasures. High mountains and lowlands, Lac Léman hidden behind reeds and defiant Chillon Castles on the water.
Lac Léman, a big silver lake surrounded by snowy summits and vineyards, e.g. UNESCO World Heritage Lavaux. Along the shores: Vevey, Montreux, and the metropolis of Lausanne, "Olympia-City" and the centre of life of the people of Vaud.
The terraced vines between Morges and Nyon are known as "La Côte". Fruity Chasselas is pressed here and sweetens your ride. Down on the lakeshore, the market towns of Morges and Rolle pass by. Almost kitschy: the castles of Nyon and Prangins.
Prangins / Nyon – Geneva
Above the terraced La Côte vineyards, down on the lake the market towns of Morges, Rolle andNyon. Villasand yachts and the cosmopolitan city of Geneva announces itself with boulevards and its 140m-high water fountain «Jet d'eau».
Departure or extension
Hilly in the first sections in the high valley of Goms. From Brig, the Rhone-Route leads through flat areas and is suitable for leisure cyclists. From Sion you will have to face some headwind. A highlight is the tour through the vineyards of Lavaux. In the urban sections you will have to face some traffic and busy roads.
The Rhone Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Rhone Route, 10 days, cat. A, CH-WSRAG-10A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||520.-||520.-|
|Rhone Route, 10 days, cat. B, CH-WSRAG-10B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||430.-||430.-|
Category A: 4* hotels and neat 3* hotels
Category B: 3* hotels
- Overnights stays according to the program in the selected category incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Wine tasting in Varen
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Andermatt. For direct arrival: Suitcases must be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Geneva. For direct departure: Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.