Arrival to Liestal
Liestal – Aarau
Liestal and the Ergolztal: a bustling, self-confident agglomeration. In contrast: tranquility and charming countryside in the Baselbiet Jura. On through Aargau's Jurapark hills, followed by a racy descent down the southern Jura slopes to Aarau.
Aarau – Sursee
From Aarau the way leads to the idyllic Suhrental river valley; with views of the Alps spotted south and Jura chain north. Through rich orchards and fertile fields alongside Lake Sempach, this stage finally takes you to Sursee.
Sursee – Lucerne
Lake Lucerne is one of Switzerland’s largest and most beautiful lakes. Its many arms link the Mittelland and Alps. When the fierce Föhn wind blows, the lake reveals its wilder side! The Urnerland, an incessant, nervously pulsating transit corridor.
After you ride to Beckenried a boatride to Flüelen awaits you. From there you continue your cycling tour to Altdorf where you can learn about the legend of Wilhelm Tell.
Departure or extension
The ride over the hills of the Jura and across the Alps is made somewhat easier by the short stages. From Amsteg steadily uphill and after the pass steadily downhill. Traffic must be expected around the urban centres. Cobblestones on the Tremolastrasse on the Gotthard.
The North-South Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
23.09.2023 - 15.10.2023
| Season 2 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
13.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
|North-South-Route midland & Lake Lucerne, 6 days, CH-TSRLA-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||205.-||205.-|
| Season 1 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 23, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
May 13, 2023 - Sep 22, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||0.-||0.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||0.-||0.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||99.-||99.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||129.-||129.-|
- Overnight stays according to the program incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Boat ride Beckenried – Flüelen (bicycle included)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room) incl. SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Reservation fee of CHF 15 per adult (incl. legally required customer money protection)
- Arrival by public transport to Liestal. Suitcases to be handed in at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Altdorf. Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 5:00 p.m. at the latest.
Other important information:
- The distance travelled is approximate and may differ from the actual distance.
- Travel cancellation insurance, including travel interruption insurance is recommended.
Travel documents "digital”
In future we will reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the SwitzerlandMobility app. We will provide you with further information online. In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Description of how to use the necessary apps
- Detailed programme for the individual stages
- Annual subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus
- Luggage tags
- Any vouchers
On the way, you can easily find your way with the SwitzerlandMobility app and other freely accessible aids. Background information and all other documents are delivered electronically and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Let us know if you don't want to do without maps. We will send them to you free of charge.