Basel, Liestal and the Ergolztal: a bustling, self-confident agglomeration. In contrast: tranquility and charming countryside in the Baselbiet Jura. On through Aargau's Jurapark hills, followed by a racy descent down the southern Jura slopes to Aarau.
Aarau – Luzern
From Aarau the way leads to the idyllic Suhrental river valley; with views of the Alps spotted south and Jura chain north. Through rich orchards and fertile fields alongside Lake Sempach, this stage finally takes you to Lucerne.
Luzern – Amsteg
Lake Lucerne is one of Switzerland’s largest and most beautiful lakes. Its many arms link the Mittelland and Alps. When the fierce Föhn wind blows, the lake reveals its wilder side! The Urnerland, an incessant, nervously pulsating transit corridor.
Amsteg – Gotthardpass
The trip continues through the canton of Uri where the wild Reuss river rushes down the Schöllenen Gorge, tamed only by steep mountain sides and the Teufels Brücke (Devil's Bridge). If by horse, by train or by car. Everyone always wanted and still want to cross the Gotthard southwards.
The Leventina has been a transit corridor since ancient times. The further south, the milder the climate. An easy ride along the waters of the Ticino, soon passing chestnut trees and vineyards. Bellinzona, called «La Turrita» because of its many castles.
You cycle to Cadenazzo and take the train up to Rivera Bironico. From Monte Ceneri a clear view of the Piano di Magadino vegetable fields and Lago Maggiore. Lago di Luganos’ picture-postcard beauty marks the end of this tour. From Agno by train to the centre of Lugano.
Challenging in the beginning in the hills of Jura and smooth during the ride through the Mittelland and past Lake Lucerne. Uphill from Amsteg towards the pass and downhill over the cobblestones of Tremola road. Some traffic around the urban centres.
The North-South Route at SwitzerlandMobility
| Season 1 |
09.09.2023 - 24.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 08.09.2023
|North-South-Route Basel - Lugano, 6 days, CH-TSRBL-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge Single Room||295.-||295.-|
Category: 3* hotels, hospice on Gotthardpass
| Season 1 |
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 24, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Extra night double room (BB)||95.-||95.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||130.-||130.-|
|Extra night double room (BB)||109.-||109.-|
|Extra night single room (BB)||189.-||189.-|
- Overnight stays according to the program incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Costs for luggage pick-up at the station (for direct arrival and departure)
- Subsidy for arrival by train
- Ticino Ticket with numerous inclusive services and discounts (upon request at the hotel)
- Boat ride Beckenried – Flüelen (bicycle included)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Travel documents (1 x per room)
- Navigation app and GPS-data
- SwitzerlandMobility-Plus subscription for one year
- Service hotline
- Tickets for bicycles on the train Cadenazzo – Rivera-Bironico and Bioggio-Molinazzo – Lugano (return) not included (approx. CHF 5.-)
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Reservation fee of CHF 20.- per adult (incl. legally equired customer money protection)
- Travel by public transport to Basel. Suitcases to be handed over at the luggage counter by 10:00 a.m. at the latest.
- Departure by public transport from Lugano. Suitcases will be returned to the luggage counter by 05:00 p.m. at the latest.
Travel documents "digital"
We reduce the amount of printed documents. You will receive instructions to help you find your way around using the Eurotrek Travel Guide App. We provide you with further information online.
In advance you will receive a small package of documents with the following contents:
- Your travel program
- Luggage tags
- Description of how to use the app
- Any vouchers
The Eurotrek Travel Guide App will help you find your way around. In addition to your digital map, you will find further information about your booked trip. The app is also available offline, simply download the trip in advance.