Arrival to Andermatt
Andermatt – Airolo
Mainly the old pass road and old mule paths lead up to the legendary Gotthardpass. From the bleak high-mountain landscape on through the Valle Leventina, a thrilling downhill run through forests and ancient hamlets to the traffic hub of Airolo.
An itinerary rich in unique and unforgettable alpine walks and vistas, ideally suited to those who prefer fun descents that are not too challenging. Bikers will be entertained by breathtaking views, pine forests, pastures and exciting crests.
Airolo – Campra
Impressive pass from Valle Leventina into Val Blenio. The lovely Piora plain with its mountain lakes nestles in a rugged landscape. The descent from the Passo del Sole to Olivone is marked by challenging trails, larch woods, lush green plains and dense pine forests.
From the valley floor to Alpine huts. From Olivone, the path follows ancient historical routes through beautiful larch woods to Capanna Bovarina. The effort of the climb is rewarded by a smooth descent through pastures and woods surrounded by breathtaking views Upon arrival in Olivone, take the bus back to the lodge in Campra.
Discover the western side of the Blenio Valley: the route crosses the wide Nara basin with a sweeping view of the Malvaglia Valley. Then comes a challenging descent through a number of villages including Selvapiana. Continue to the ruins of Serravalle Castle and towards the day’s destination, Biasca.
Departure or extension
Technically demanding descents and strenuous ascents. The Gottardo bike offers experienced bikers everything they could wish for. In order to enjoy this fantastic bike route, you need to have good basic fitness and good technique.
- 6 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed tour documentation (1x per room)
- GPS-data available
- Cable car Airolo - Pesciüm. Approx. CHF 42 with bicycle
- Optional bus ride Olivone Campra. CHF 10 with bicycle
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Long-term parking spaces in Andermatt. Any costs payable on site.
- Return journey by train via Göschenen to Andermatt. Duration approx. 1h15.
Travel documents "analogous":
By default, your travel package includes a set of travel documents, which we will transmit you in advance. The following documents will inform you about your tour:
- Travel program with all organizational details.
- Official guidebook « Cycling Switzerland»
- maps for your biking and/or hiking routes
- Detailed maps about your stage locations
- Detailed programme day-by-day
Travel documents "digital":
If you select the option "digital travel documents" when booking, we will provide you with all documents for your trip in a digital form. You will receive a small set of documents with the following content:
- Manuals for the use of necessary apps
- luggage tags
- eventual vouchers
En route you will inform yourself easily with the app of Switzerland-Mobility and other free apps. Background information and all other documents are electronically assigned and can be downloaded to your mobile phone in advance.
Since this option saves resources and costs, a discount of CHF 30.- per room is offered.