Arrival in Lübeck
You start the tour in the magnificent old Hanseatic city of Lubeck which was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.
First through the spa town of Travemunde and then along the Baltic Sea coast. Cycling through the Brooker Wald nature reserve to Boltenhagen. From the cliffs you have a great view over the entire bay.
Mostly following the banks you cycle to the Hanseatic city of Wismar. Poel island with its long sandy beaches and the historic city walls dating back to the Thirty Years’ War is worth a visit. .
On your way to Kuhlungsborn you will see cliff lines as well as wonderful beaches. Stroll through the English park Kamp in Bad Doberan or board the train „Molli“ that takes you to the beach.
In Warnemunde you should sit at the widest sandy beach of the Baltic Sea coast. Wustrow is located on a peninsula called „Fischland-Dars“ which used to be the border between Mecklenburg and Pomerania.
Explore the „Darser Urwald“ (Darss Jungle) and the wild romantic „Weststrand“ (west beach), one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Via Zingst you get back to the mainland to the former Swedish town of Barth.
From far away you’ll see the three towers of the Hanseatic city of Stralsund. Its former importance as a trading city can still be seen in the old town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Departure or extension
Mainly on level ground, sometimes slightly hilly, mostly on quiet country roads, cycle paths, field and forest trails, occasionally on sandy tracks, concreted paths and on cobblestone. The route is not always along the coast but takes frequent swings into the varied countryside further inland.
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers in)
- 1 Entrée Sea museum Stralsund
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Stralsund daily, costs CHF 95.- per person incl. your bike, to be paid for in advance, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Lübeck train station
- Public car park at Lübeck, approx. CHF 12.- per day, in Stralsund approx. CHF 18.- per day no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
- Good train connections from Stralsund to Lübeck
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!